Join us for a fall hike on a picturesque, 10-mile section of the Appalachian Trail! Highlights of this hike include Glass Hollow overlook, Paul Wolf Shelter and Mill creek, and some cabin ruins.
This will be a shuttle hike. We will leave one car at Rockfish Gap and proceed to Humpback Rock to begin the hike.
• HIKING DISTANCE: 10 mile shuttle hike
• HIKING PACE: Moderate (about 2 miles per hour)
• ELEVATION GAIN: 300 feet
• TRAIL TERRAIN: Dirt, rocky in places, possible stream crossings
• DIFFICULTY: Fairly Strenuous
• WHAT TO BRING: Layered clothing, broken-in hiking shoes, water, snacks, lunch, basic first aid supplies, sunscreen (Full list of recommended gear)
• MEALS: Bring lunch and snacks to eat on the trail. Optional stop for dinner on the way back if there is interest.
• DOGS ALLOWED: No (Dog policy)
• CARPOOL LOCATION: Macy's at Short Pump Town Center (across from Applebee's) at 7:30am.
• RECOMMENDED CARPOOL REIMBURSEMENT: $60 per vehicle, to be divided among the occupants (example: if 4 people in the car, the passengers would pay the driver $15)
• CONTACT #: I will email my cell number to the attendees at least one day in advance.
• CANCELLATION: If weather becomes an issue, call or check your email for updates before leaving. (Cancellation policy)
• RSVP INSTRUCTIONS: There is no fee, but you must RSVP in order to attend, and you must update your RSVP if your plans change later. Group size may be limited due to concerns about parking, safety, trail impact, and everyone's enjoyment of the experience. When spaces become available, wait listers will be moved up automatically in the order in which they signed up. RSVPs usually close the day before the event. If spaces become available after this time and you would like to attend, contact the event organizer. Organizers take attendance at most events, and repeat no-shows will be removed from the group. Please do not "crash" events. (Attendance policy)
• CVT REWARDS POINTS: +10 (Details on CVT Rewards)
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Message Board
• Refer A Friend
• Make A Donation
• Event Archives