This event has passed
In this free online study program, we will be studying the "Dive into Deep Learning" (https://d2l.ai/index.html) book by Aston Zhang, Zack C. Lipton, Mu Li, and Alex J. Smola. Every week we will teach (remotely) a portion of the book and assign take-home exercises and reading materials.
All study sessions will be free and fully-remote. All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyna_OxOWL7IEuOwb7WhmxQ?view_as=subscriber).
Unlike other study groups, the format (tentative) will be as follows:
- Chapters will be presented with slides, which will be followed by code walkthroughs
- For every session, there will be a segment for discussion and Q&A
- After every session, we will assign take-home exercises corresponding to the material covered in that session. Solutions should be uploaded to GitHub. (More instructions coming soon!)
- Before every session, we will provide a list of extra reading material that will be helpful for the upcoming session
- We plan to have guest lectures and presentations to provide additional practical value to students (TBA)
- There will be one final project which will be done in groups. The groups have to present their work towards the end of the program. (More information coming soon!)
- Make sure to join our Slack group (channel: #d2l-study-group) for the latest schedule, updates and announcements.
- We will take attendance and you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion if you meet certain requirements. (More information coming soon!)
- You are also free to audit the course as well
Slack group: https://join.slack.com/t/dairai/shared_invite/zt-dv2dwzj7-F9HT047jIGkunNKv88lQ~g
◾ Schedule and Registration
The program is scheduled to start the first week of August. The complete schedule will be announced soon. We have a limit for how many participants can attend the program. Make sure to follow the registration steps using the information below.
To fully register for this program:
- You will have to RSVP to the event and then register by clicking on the zoom link.
- Ensure that you have joined our Slack group (https://join.slack.com/t/dairai/shared_invite/zt-dv2dwzj7-F9HT047jIGkunNKv88lQ~g) for more updates on the program
◾ Materials and Schedule
For more information about this program check out this GitHub repo for all materials and full schedule: https://github.com/dair-ai/d2l-study-group
◾ How to Contribute
If you are interested to deliver chapters from the book or help as a TA, please reach out to me directly at [masked].
◾ About dair.ai
◾ Code of Conduct: https://github.com/dair-ai/dair-ai.github.io/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md