215 East 17th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
This is an advanced workshop for people wishing to delve deeply and courageously into their own process. It runs 1x/mo. (excluding December) from September 2016 to March 2017.
These sessions are by donation (suggested donation is $20 to $40/p.p.)
1.) You will receive an introduction (20 min.) to Conscious Movement and Cathartic Breathwork.
2.) You will be guided into a gentle, moving mediation* (40 min.) to help you get grounded, present and attuned to your inner self so that you can create a relaxed and receptive state.
* The music will follow a gentle “wave” format with an emphasis on instrumental, beautiful music suited to meditation, relaxation and slow, authentic movement.
3.) You will be guided into the breathwork* (50 min.) for which you will be laying down on the floor. Stephane will demonstrate the breath and then coach the group through the session.
*This is an activating kind of breathwork and is designed to induce the release of emotional and subconscious material. You may experience the release of strong feelings such as; sadness, anger or joy.
*During the session, we play louder and more evocative music. The facilitator and assistants will support you to do the breath technique correctly and release your emotions safely.
4.) We will close with a seated circle where we can debrief and share some snacks.
Jelena Marda: Owner of Dance Divine, Transpersonal Psychotherapist & Counsellor, Conscious Dance DJ, Workshop Facilitator, experienced and enthusiastic breathwork participant. She is the event producer and will be co-hosting the introduction, facilitating the movement portion and then participating in the breathwork.
Stephane Guerraz: He is the event co-producer and will be co-hosting the introduction, participating in the moving meditation and then facilitating the breathwork session.
WHAT TO BRING:
Lip balm is handy, journal, something to eat & drink for afterwards (it is recommended that you do not eat before the session), mat, blanket, pillow (whatever you need to be comfortable and warm on the floor)
GREAT FOR PEOPLE WHO:
• Have done breathwork before and understand catharsis and cathartic release
• Want to explore a uniquely, 100% body-based approach to excavating and releasing emotional & subconscious ‘content’
• Are experienced at personal-growth and “processing”, take an active, empowered, responsible approach to “digging deep”
NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO:
• Suffer from dissociative disorders
• Have issues with violence or anger management
• Are dealing with PTSD or are excessively triggered by expressions of strong emotion
• Can not legally or otherwise take responsibility for themselves
• Have not done any personal-growth or “processing” work and therefore do not know their own capacity or limits