DCJUG/Data Driven DC Message Board › Java Developer Position with EXCITING Company! Crystal City
Our client is opening a brand new office in Crystal City, VA to continue support for the GSA. They want to build a local team to drive business both with their current clients and with new government ventures. They are seeking multiple java developers to lay the foundation for the team here in Virginia. Being a part of the "family" is very important to this client as employees are always supporting and challenging each other.
• Software development – taking design and requirements and writing code to make enhancements to existing portal and add new functionality
• Hands-on software development and testing of own code
• Utilize specialized knowledge of Object Oriented design and web application development to enhance functionality, supportability, scalability and/or extensibility of the web portal
• Write, review and recommend enhancements to code
• Help define best practices to increase productivity and quality
• Solve problems, advise, influence, and guide technical solutions to the web portal
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• Development experience in one or more of the following web frameworks:
• Proficiency with Relational Databases such as Oracle
• Must be able to obtain a DHS Clearance
• Must have excellent communication skills
• J2EE (JEE), Experience in enterprise scale web applications development
• Experience with JBOSS Application Server and stack
• JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
• Experience with Portlet and Single Sign technologies.
• Experience with Agile or Extreme Programming is a plus.
Proficiency in areas such BPMS is a plus.
Give me a call at (703) 476-3369 if interested!
Edited by Hayley on Jun 27, 2013 3:45 PM