THIS EVENT IS NOW PUBLIC ON FACEBOOK.
Help us spread the word - Share, like, re-post and invite :)
Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines on November 8, 2013 and was recorded as the most powerful tropical storms to reach landfall anywhere in the world. It brought torrential rain, sustained winds of over 195mph and a storm surge of up to 30 feet. Thousands of lives were taken and those who survived were forced from their homes and are in desperate need of aid.
News reports have warned that the recovery of Typhoon Haiyan is going to be a long operation. Official partners of Red Cross Philippines, LBC Express, located at 6306 Gravel Avenue Unit B, Alexandria, VA, 22310, will be opening their warehouse doors on Saturday, November 30, 2013, 9am-6pm, to collect essential items for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. They are hoping for donations in the form of:
· CANNED FOOD (please ensure expiry dates are from February 2014 onwards)
· SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT (tents, blankets, flashlight, batteries etc)
· CLOTHING (in good condition)
· BOTTLES OF WATER
Please consider donating to the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. All items collected will be shipped to the Red Cross Philippines, by LBC Express, free of charge.
Other ways to help:
· VOLUNTEER - Can you spare some time on 11/30 to help us sort through the donations? Perhaps you can be local drop-off point in your area for those who want to donate but can’t make it to the drive on 11/30.
· SPREAD THE WORD - Tell your friends and family about this Aid Donation & Drive. You could also share this with your colleagues, local church,
kid’s school or daycare.
· SOCIAL MEDIA - · SOCIAL MEDIA - The event is made public on FB> https://www.facebook.com/events/422979354495298/ Help us spread the word and use #DMV4Philippines when referring to this event.
If you can’t make it on 11/30 but still want to donate, you can drop-off at any of the following locations:
Alexandria and Falls Church, VA
Contact: Karen Dila
Contact: Jett Thomas
Contact: Benna Hartwig
Whatever capacity you can help… it all counts!!!! THANK YOU!
Go to Attendee List