*** Special thanks to Vistaprint (https://www.vistaprint.com) ***
Vistaprint will be hosting the Special Special DDD Barcelona Meetup with Vaughn Vernon. We are so pleased for their offering, help and kindness.
*** Introduction ***
Vaughn Vernon will be teaching an intensive 3-day hands-on IDDD Workshop in Barcelona next 26th - 28th November in Barcelona. Taking advantage of his presence in the city he agreed to join the Domain-Driven Design Barcelona Meetup.
*** Attendance ***
To manage properly venue's capacity and to strengthen the RSVP commitment, take into account that:
- Venue's capacity is limited.
- Attendance priority will follow strictly the order in which we receive the registration form filled out. Thus, RSVP for this Special DDD Barcelona Meetup via Meetup platform has no effect.
- Attendance confirmation will be sent on Wednesday 21st November via the email you will provide when filling out the registration form.
- You will be able to change the registration form personal data (even cancel your attendance request) at any time before the registration form closes on Tuesday 20th November at 23:59.
- To fill out the form you are required to be logged in your Google Account.
- Fill out the following registration form to request attendance to this Special DDD Barcelona Meetup:
*** Day and time ***
Wednesday 28th of November from 18:45 to 21:30.
*** Place ***
Metrovacesa 22@BCN (Building D, 4th A floor - Vistaprint offices)
Carrer de Bac de Roda, 64, 08019 Barcelona
*** Talks ***
--- Candidate talks (up to 21/11/2018 included) ---
Call For Proposals (CFPs) to publish your candidate talk will be closed 7 days before the meetup.
--- Selected talks (announced between 21/11/2018 and 23/11/2018) ---
Selected talks will be confirmed between 7 - 5 days before the meetup.
-- Selected talk 1 --
Title: Reactive DDD - When Concurrent Waxes Fluent
Duration: 50 minutes
Description: Developers around the world are moving to rapidly adopt Domain-Driven Design (DDD), and in greater numbers than ever before. That's because DDD delivers powerful results in practice. At the same time, Reactive software development is becoming essential to implementing responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven solutions, including event streams of fast data. This world of distribution, concurrency, latency, and the uncertainty of time-critical results, must be tackled along with the complex business challenges. This talk gives practical guidance on using DDD to model business-driven solutions that result in software that is fluent, type-safe, and with core Reactive properties. Specific attention is given to moving legacy systems that have deep debt to ones that have clear boundaries, deliver explicit and fluent business models, and exploit modern hardware and software architectures.
About the speaker: https://vaughnvernon.co/
Twitter: @VaughnVernon, @IDDDWorkshop, @kalele_io, @vlingo_io
*** Schedule (announced on 23/10/2018) ***
The schedule will be published 5 days before the meetup.
18:45 - 19:05: Registration and venue access: checking atendee's RSVP confirmation
19:05 - 19:15: Welcome to DDD Barcelona Meetup
19:15 - 20:05: Talk "Reactive DDD - When Concurrent Waxes Fluent"
20:05 - 20:20: Talk questions
20:20 - 20:25: Break
20:25 - 21:30: To be decided
*** Price ***