Please note that the expected prior knowledge is at least basic familiarity with solidity.
Technologies like Ethereum enable an entire new class of applications to be developed: DApps. Those are fully decentralized applications that use Ethereum and other technologies to completely remove the need for a central trusted 3rd party.
In this workshop we will focus on the entire process of transforming an idea into a smart contract. If possible come with a simple idea that you want to realise as a contract. Some default ideas will be provided as a fallback. During the workshop you will develop, test and deploy the contract.
Please note that the expected prior knowledge is at least basic familiarity with solidity (at the level of our first workshop). If you're unsure, have a look at the example contracts of the first workshop (https://github.com/ahirner/ethereum/tree/master/Workshop%2016-05-24).
• Getting from an idea to a contract
• Solidity libraries
• Standard contracts (Namereg, token standard, etc.)
• Deployment using a framework (like embark or truffle) or MIX
• Manual deployment using node.js
• solc (very important, instructions (https://solidity.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installing-solidity.html))
• Geth (very important, instructions (geth section) (https://ethereum.org/cli))
• Mix (probably not required)
If you have problems with setting up geth and solc, you can come 15 minutes earlier and we can help you out.