Transforming a great technology idea into reality can be daunting especially if you don't have a technical background. This group is here to help non-technical founders take the first steps in building their tech startup. We are not going to teach you how to program.
What we are going to do?
• Show you how to manage a tech startup.
• Describe what decisions you will face and show you the options.
• Introduce the available technology choices and help you decide what suits your needs best.
• Validate the technical aspects of your business model.
Some topics we will cover
• Finding the right team.
• Translating your ideas into tasks that developers can turn into code.
• Choosing the correct technologies.
• What types of software can be built, what exists?
• Building a web application? We will discuss what each part of the system does and what options are available and what PHP, Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js mean to you.
• What does it involve to build a mobile application?
• Opensource what does that mean to me?
• Cloud or Dedicated servers?
• Amazon, AppEngine, Azure. What are the benefits and costs?
• Heroku and AWS Beanstalk, Azure websites, how does Platform as a Service help?
• SQL or NoSQL?
• What is NoSQL? Do I need it?
• Big Data do I need to know anything about it? Is it just hype?
• Machine Learning: What can it do?
• Natural Language Processing: What is involved? How complex can it be?
• Understanding the software development process.
• Managing your developers, knowing which task should be completed when.
• Outsourcing your development, understanding your responsibilities and what you need to do to keep control of the process.
About the Meetup
We aim to meet up regularly in Munich, at least once a month. For each meetup we'll focus on a topic introduced by one or two presenters followed by a discussion and networking (along with a few social drinks!). The goal of the meetup is to help educate non-technical founders and give them the knowledge and confidence to start and manage a tech startup.
The official language of the group is English.