The road to adoption
We have big visions for the decentralized web to democratize access to finance, data and enable completely new kinds of products & organizations.
How do we get towards mainstream adoption, while upholding our values?
Greenfield One, NEAR Protocol, Celo and Nexus Mutual invite for an evening of lightning talks, panel discussion as well as relaxed mingling with drinks & pizza.
Illia Polosukhin, co-founder & CTO of NEAR - a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain
+ Sustainable blockchain app development on NEAR
- App development patterns (built on heterogeneous á la Polkadot vs. homogeneous á la NEAR sharded layer 1 protocols) and what the two approaches translate to for app developers
- Business models for decentralized applications
- Developer incentives on the protocol level through token economics
Discord Community: http://near.chat/
Claire Belmont, Product on Celo - an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone
+ The role of ultra-light clients & incentivized full-nodes in driving global adoption
- How does in-depth user research inform Celo's protocol design?
Recent testnet launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4RJGLofox8
Hugh Karp, founder of Nexus Mutual - a decentralized alternative to insurance
+ Fear and loathing in crypto
- How does Nexus Mutual help alleviate some of the fear of interacting with smart contracts
Live product: https://app.nexusmutual.io/
Illia Polosukhin (NEAR), Claire Belmont (Celo) & Hugh Karp (Nexus Mutual)