The Jackson Optimist Club is devoted to bettering our community by spreading an optimistic outlook for the future.
We meet weekly and have great speakers come and share about their lives and how they are working in the community. We have multiple service projects we organize each year and partner with the Mississippi School for the Deaf to provide fun activities for their students.
If you are an optimist at heart, you would enjoy this group. Take a look at the Optimist creed below:
Promise Yourself ...
• To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
• To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
• To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
• To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
• To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
• To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
• To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
• To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
• To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
• To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.