This is the first initiative to have regular Kolkata based WordPress Meetups. It's an idea to create a regular WordPress Meetup in Kolkata. There are many different WordPress users in Kolkata and it's time to connect and share ideas and knowledge and build a local WordPress community.
As we believe that Kolkata should have a solid WordPress Community.
We follow the "Five Good Faith Rules":
• WordPress Meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not specific businesses or individuals. All actions taken as an event organizer are with the best interest of the community in mind.
• Membership in the local meetup group is open to all who wish to join, regardless of ability, skill, financial status or any other criteria.
• Meetups are volunteer-run with volunteer speakers. In cases where a modest attendance fee might be necessary, this fee should only cover the costs of the meetup and shouldn’t be used to pay speakers or organizers.
• Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any reliable/trusted member of the community.
• Meetups are welcoming places where everyone works to foster an accepting environment which is free of discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hate, and general jerk-like behavior.
Kolkata WordPress community, gladly announcing August monthly meetup.
Agenda for the meetup:
1. Speaker's Talk - There will be 3 sessions on Contributions to WordPress Projects, Blogging and more. Speaker will be updated soon.
2. Workshop on WordPress Translation - There will be a 1 to 2 hrs of how and workshop on WordPress Translation for our Bengali locale. Requesting everyone to bring their own laptop, who want to attend the Workshop.
3. Networking- Get along with entrepreneurs, freelancers and professionals from diverse fields of Development, Designing, Marketing etc.
4. Announcement of Logo Design Competition: We will be announcing the winner of the Kolkata WordPress Community Logo Competition.
Details of the Logo Designing Competition(In case, you missed it)
The logo should be reflecting the culture of Kolkata & our WordPress Community. Everyone is welcomed to share their entry. The final logo will be decided by taking a vote from all the member of the community. Anyone can participate.
How to Submit your entry: Please use the shared form to submit your entry. There is a limit of 1 file, with a maximum size of 10MB upload. But you can submit multiple entries.
Last date of submission: 17th Aug'19
The poll will be published: 18th Aug'19
Poll Closes on: 24th Aug'19
The decision will be Published: 25th Aug'19
Reward: Free Entry ticket for WordCamp Kolkata 2020 and Special recognition for the contribution.
Please note: The selected logo will be a property of the community and it will be treated as a contribution toward the Kolkata WordPress Community. This is a voluntary work and no monetary terms are involved.
Please go through the handbook before you submit your entry: https://make.wordpress.org/community/2019/07/29/proposal-clearer-wordcamp-and-wordpress-chapter-meetup-logo-guidelines/
If you are willing to host our next community meetup, feel free to speak with any of our Volunteers.
Venue: Module No 534, SDF Building, Sector 5, Salt Lake City, Kolkata.
Time: 10:00AM to 1:30 PM
For any questions feel free to communicate our volunteers, contact details shared below.
Rahul D Sarker -[masked]
Tristup Ghosh -[masked]
Bodhaditya Mukherjee -[masked]