Worum es bei uns geht
What is the Society for Organizational Learning?
Who We Are
SoL is a global learning community dedicated to discovering, integrating, and implementing theories and practices for the interdependent development of people and their institutions through integrating:
· Capacity building
Why We Are
To help build organizations worthy of people’s fullest commitment.
How We Organize
· A non-profit, membership society
· Self-organizing, self-governing organization
· Global Fractals (chapters)
Our Guiding Principles
• Drive to Learn - All human beings are born with an innate, lifelong desire and ability to learn, which should be enhanced by all organizations.
• Learning is Social - People learn best from and with one another, and participation in learning communities is vital to their effectiveness, well-being and happiness in any work setting.
• Learning Communities - The capacities and accomplishments of organizations are inseparable from, and dependent on, the capacities of the learning communities that they foster.
• Aligning with Nature - It is essential that organizations evolve to be in greater harmony with human nature and with the natural world.
• Core Learning Capabilities - Organizations must develop individual and collective capabilities to understand complex, interdependent issues; engage in reflective, generative conversation; and nurture personal and shared aspirations.
• Cross-Organizational Collaboration - Learning communities that connect multiple organizations can significantly enhance the capacity for profound individual and organizational change.