Jenkins X provides pipeline automation, built-in GitOps and preview environments to help teams collaborate and accelerate their software delivery on Kubernetes (https://jenkins-x.io/).
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the main concepts and architecture of Jenkins X
- Install Jenkins X, Prow and Tekton Pipelines using GitOps into a new Kubernetes cluster
- Create and deploy a microservice in your programming language of choice
- Have an overview of Jenkins X pipeline definition and the buildpacks
- Understand the preview environments and their benefits
- Promote your microservice from staging to production environment
- Laptop with admin rights to install software (preferable MacOS/Linux, for Windows users please consider running Linux in a VM).
- Sign up to Google Cloud (https://cloud.google.com/products/search/apply/), if you don't already have an account.
- You will get free access to a GCP project during the workshop. Please be prepared to provide your account details before the workshop.
Cosmin Cojocar is a Principal Software Engineer at CloudBees working on Jenkins X project. He is also a contributor to Prow a Kubernetes based CI/CD system maintained by the Kubernetes sig-testing group. Prior to that, he worked for Microsoft on cloud-based services and security.