This WORKSHOP/BARCAMP is related to the presentation of the evening before, dealing with the experiences, insights and learnings of the 4-year hike from Munich to Lhasa - without money. See http://bit.ly/2SiR5tR or https://www.meetup.com/Travel-Talk-Transformation/events/251262062/
It is organised and moderated by the Munich-based STEPHAN MEURISCH, presenter of the slideshow mentioned above, and Berlin-based THOMAS DOENNEBRINK, who also will share and contribute his experiences during his several years' travel project: "Without Money, Without Planes, Once around the World".
FOR WHOM IS THIS WORKSHOP?
WHICH ARE THE QUESTIONS, GAINS & PAINS DEALT WITH?
WHAT IS TO BE EXPECTED?
• People who are long-distance & long-term travelers... to exchange ideas, network and to be understood.
• People who plan or want to make a big trip... to inform, organize and finance. •People who do not dream (yet) of a big journey or a different lifestyle... to get inspired, motivated and to take fear.
• People who want to get to know themselves better... for self-exploration, self-discovery and self-assurance.
• People who work with people or organizations in transition phases... to give examples, experience and encourage to let go.
• People who are interested in other cultures, countries, life situations, landscapes... to understand other cultures, worlds and perspectives.
• People who just enjoy beautiful pictures and exciting stories... to enjoy, relax and to get inspired.
POSSIBLE QUESTIONS, TOPICS, OPEN SPACES
Questions as the following will be addressed by the facilitators and can be deepend - according to interest - by us or in Open Space groups.
HOW DO I DO such a long journey?
Planning, Organisation, Financing, Realization.
HOW DO I ACHIEVE long-term to stick to my dream/goal and realize it?
WHAT DO I NEED concerning money, information, attitude, courage?
HOW DO I FIND: (the right) Sponsors, Equipment, opportunities to earn money (on the way), social contacts?
WHAT TO EXPECT in other countries, language- & culture environments?
WHAT WILL SUCH A LONG JOURNEY DO TO ME: meeting people from all walks of life, various cultures and believes; exposing myself to nature; encountering another or deeper side of myself?
WHAT DO I LEARN for the world, the life, for my life and daily routine after the journey?
The Workshop/BarCamp will also include a round where each participant will present themself and their travel experiences and especially travel wishes, questions, fears or whatever brought them here. All interests, questions and concerns will be collected, clustered and addressed.
And we will finally leave time for an informal part where we all can enjoy a drink, some snacks and personal talks, getting-to-know each other, network or find travel partner.
This event is based on donation and thus like the presentation the night before on trust and good-will.
And whoever wants to continue participating in further Travel Talks & Workshops, please join our groups on
WARNING: We have done this workshop before. In generell participants were very content but for some of them it lead to profound traveling and personal changes :).
If you want to take part in the workshop, it makes sense to have attend the presentation the evening before, but it is not a requirement.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring time, curiosity, some money for drinks and donation to cover costs and openness.