18h30: Welcoming attendees
19h: LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE STARTUP NGOopen (winner of Geneva's FinTech StartUp Weekend in April 2017)
--- Blockchain has the potential to increase transparency as well as drastically reduce administrative costs and corruption in the domain of NGO financing. However, projects face challenges like rising transaction fees, volatility of crypto currencies and governance. Jörn Erbguth, founder of NGOopen and PHD candidate on Blockchain Governance, will describe how to address those challenges and why he still discontinued the startup NGOopen after winning the Startup Weekend.
20h: Drink and Networking
About Jörn Erbguth (https://erbguth.ch):
- Founder of NGOopen
- Consultant on Blockchain, Smart Contracts and Data Protection
- Lecturer at Geneva School of Diplomacy
- PhD candidate on Blockchain Governance
- Former CTO of Swisslex S.A.
- University degrees in Computer Science and Law