addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Atheists Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Science of Mind Church

Science of Mind Church

Sean
SeanTTE
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
There was a story on tonight's news about Mile Hi Church opening up a 1,500 seat "sanctuary." According to the article linked below, it's been growing 24% in the last three years. It's a Religious Science/Science of Mind Church which "generally incorporates idealistic and panentheistic philosophies." (Wikipedia) Panentheism is sort of like pantheism but more theistic. Anyway, it's not conservative Christianity. Perhaps this is an indication that liberal religious movements and secular humanistic movements are on the rise.

Thank God/gods/Zeus/The Flying Spaghetti Monster/etc.

http://denver.yourhub...­
A former member
Post #: 139
"Science of Mind"? Zeus, that sounds like Scientologists on the loose...

-Rusty
A former member
Post #: 356
Welcome, Sean. It is a progressive place, good music program, diverse speaker events.

I saw spunky Bishop Spong speak there, "Saving The Bible from Fundamentalists" or something. He was a bit myopic for my tastes (i.e., still Christian-centric) but I appreciate the effort.