addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board The Denver Web Technologies Group discussion › Going to have to get a new meeting place for the Webdesign Meetup

Going to have to get a new meeting place for the Webdesign Meetup

A former member
Hey all,

Nelson informed me this morning that our regular meeting place as of late, Witz Coffee, has closed shop. You all know what this means: time to toss out suggestions for a new place.

Nelson as already suggested a cafe/bookstore called Armazem (http://www.deltatrans...­) that is across Colfax from the former Witz. I called there and it does have a meeting room that we can reserve and there is WiFi available. Being the doof I am though, I forgot to ask if there was any cost involved.

Another Option is the Fluid Coffee Bar (formerly Bohemian Bean) that we used to meet at, but it was getting rather constrictive for a group our size. Still a nice place though and plenty of parking available.

Nonetheless, toss in your suggestions. Some things to keep in mind are space, parking, central location and, of course, WiFi. I also recommend posting the suggestions in the group message board on Meetup.com (http://webdesign.meet...­) in this posting. It is a lot easier for everyone to keep track of.

I will post a poll after we get a few suggestions. probably in about a week's time.

Until next time,

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
Webdesign Denver Meetup Organizer
A former member
Post #: 3
I vote for Shooting Star Cafe.

Nice and quiet, has internet, and lots of room

Gus
A former member
Post #: 83
and a google maps of the location: Shooting Star Cafe
A former member
Post #: 1
We may also want to keep in mind that most Panera Bread locations now offer free wifi, they usually have ample seating, and most are open till at least 9:00 pm.
A former member
Post #: 86
according to slashdot, the largest wifi network in the nation. i know there is one out by me, but i doubt anyone wants to come way the hell out to lakewood. i am sure there is one downtown, and i will look into it.

i will see if i can take a run by a few of these places this weekend to check them out too. jsut keep tossing in suggestions along with a few pros and cons.

ps -- jsut did and there are a few. i am thinking the one on grant, but i will check it out to make sure there is enough decent parking too.
A former member
Post #: 1
re the Shooting Star -- how many participants would you anticipate, Al?
the Shooting Star's hours are usually 8 a.m. - 2 p.m., however the owner would be pleased to open especially for the Web Design Meetup Group on the Thursday evening if we could be fairly confident of a sizeable aggregation.
Shooting StarShooting Starcool cool
A former member
Post #: 87
i can't say for sure at this point, but it has gone as high as 20 people showing. on average i would say at least 12-14 people showing.

how is the parking over there? i wasn't able to swing by this last weekend. i was able to swing by the panera bread on Grant street though, and the parking is terrible over there, so i would have to say that location is a no, but we will see when we have the poll.

John
jcfiala
Denver, CO
Post #: 56
If you're willing to move more out west, there's the Atlanta Bread Company at Wadsworth and Alameda. It's got tons of parking and wifi, but not a lot of electrical outlets.

Alternately, the Jefferson County Library, in about the same location, also has wifi, but I'm not sure how late that branch is open... Ah! Monday-Thursday it's open until 9pm.

There are some other locations for the Atlanta Bread Company, but not very many yet.
A former member
Post #: 88
a move out west most likely wouldn't be good since we have people that live all over the denver area in the group. i personally wouldn't mind since i live out in that area myself. hehe.

A former member
Post #: 5
I was having a hard time making it into Witz Coffee coming from Boulder. So anything West and North is good for me. Especially if it is close to 36 or I-25.... that's my two sense.

Gretchen
http://www.dragonfly-...­