addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Web Technologies Meetup Group Message Board Technology › housemajorityproject.com CSS screwiness.

housemajorityproject.com CSS screwiness.

A former member
Post #: 184
For those wondering, DeLynn seems to have figured out what is causing the white space at the top of the page. The why is still to be determined. change the border CSS of #wrapper to the following:
border: 1px solid #948979;

The white space disappears. So I tooled arouns with it for a couple minutes after i got his email, and found out the space is completely related tot he top border width. For instance, repalce the border CSS with the following:

border: 1px solid #948979;
border-bottom: 0;

screwiest thing I have seen lately. The why has yet to be determined, but at least we are closer than what we were before.
A former member
Post #: 1
I got to spend some more time with this weird issue this morning. I broke everything down and then built it back up again. I think the problem has something to do with the way the #header div is interacting with the #wrapper div.

I have posted a cleaned up version of both the HTML and the CSS here: http://delynnberry.com/files/hmp/index.html­.
A former member
Actually, if you look at the background image, bg.gif, you will see the problem. The image, itself has 11 pixels painted white before the blue. If you crop the image and remove the white pixels, your problem is solved. Just remove the 11 pixels in the border css for the wrapper id and everything aligns perfectly. I believe that's what you were trying to accomplish.
A former member
Post #: 2
Eddie Guerrero wrote:
The image, itself has 11 pixels painted white before the blue. If you crop the image and remove the white pixels, your problem is solved.

That's initially what I thought the problem was as well. However, the white space in the image is correct.

The issue was that the wrapper div was mysteriously beginning 11px down instead of right at the top of the page (like it had margin applied to it). If you look at my re-worked CSS there is a top margin that I manually apply to the wrapper div. Without this margin, the content starts at the top of the page (which is expected). Compare this to the original CSS at http://housemajorityproject.com/­, and you will see what I mean.
A former member
Hi Delynn,
Just for grins try

<body><div id="wrapper"><div id="header">