addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Design and Illustration Meetup Message Board › .AI files vs .EPS files in Illustrator

.AI files vs .EPS files in Illustrator

Janice
artistjlj
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Ok clarification please!!!

I just got asked by a container company to send an .AI file. They said my eps file wasn't high res and when they zoomed in it was pixelated. My question is how can something not be high res when it was actually created in illustrator and saved as an .eps file? In fact this is the first time I have received this type of request.
I always thought most companies wanted .eps files versus anything else when they need to enlarge it. Not that they even needed to enlarge it.
I did notice that I forgot to create outlines for some of my text, but usually the printer will remind me that they need it to have outlines or be flattened.
I just re-saved it as an .AI file and gave them what they asked for, but this has me perplexed.

Does anyone know anything about this or can you help me make some sense of this one.

Thanks
J