addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › Please come to the June 1 DFA meetup

Please come to the June 1 DFA meetup

A former member
I hope that everyone will take the opportunity to join us for the June meetup, tomorrow night (Wednesday) at Giovanni's Pizza. We have an exciting lineup of speakers and activities to discuss. We will be hearing from Steve Hadley, Chief of Staff to Councilwoman Donna Frye, about the difficult issues facing the city, and about Donna's efforts to shine light into all the dark corners; we will be hearing from John Falchi and John Hartley about a growing coalition effort to bring clean election campaigns to California, and what we can do about it; and we will be hearing from Peter Moore-Kochlacs, a candidate for Duncan Hunter's seat in the 52nd CD.

I hope to see everyone there!

Agenda

1) Announcements:
a) Introductions & Welcome
b) Carlene Johnson: National DFA activities
c) Kelly King: Mission Statement
d) Charlie Imes: Mainstreet Moms Operation Blue
e) Brina-Rae Schuchman: Vote-by-Mail Effort

2) Guest Speaker: Steve Hadley, Chief of Staff for
Donna Frye

3) Clean Elections Campaign
a) John Falchi: June 24 Day of Action with Common Cause
b) Bill Moyers Clean Election video
c) John Hartley: Clean Election Efforts in San Diego

4) Candidate Introduction: Peter Moore-Kochlacs, candidate
for the 52nd Congressional District [Duncan Hunter]
A former member
Post #: 22
Just want to send out a "thanks" to Bruce Sims for keeping me honest in the RSVP list.

Yes, Bruce, I will be there, and have sent in my RSVP accordingly; we were all busy getting the agenda finalized, and this was a detail I neglected. Now perhaps you will want to change your "Maybe" to a "YES!" ??

biggrin