addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › Update on Jim Wallis at USD/Int'l Thomas Merton Conference

Update on Jim Wallis at USD/Int'l Thomas Merton Conference

A former member
Post #: 7
If you were at the Meetup tonight and you heard mention of Jim Wallis' appearance at USD at:
Revelation of Justice, Revolution of Love:
Thomas Merton's Message for a New Millennium
The Ninth General Meeting of the International Thomas Merton Society - June 9 - 12, 2005

AND you decide to attend the conference (still possible, see the web site below for more info), please be aware that the current schedule (and this is still subject to change but I think is pretty likely to remain this way) has Wallis speaking on Friday, 6/10 at 9 AM (NOT in the evening as I believe was mentioned tonight at the Meetup.)

Here is the link to the Conference web site with complete details.

<Shameless plug>
For those attending, one of the events (Saturday 3:30 - 5:00) will be a musical and spoken word presentation "From PlainSong to Poly" produced and directed by Dolores Tate-Mayeski (aka my wife). This is an original production featuring several Gregorian chants (the "PlainSong") by local choir singers, a local jazz group (the "Poly") performing several pieces including work by John Coltrane, W. C. Handy, Billy Strahorn/Duke Ellington and others, two jazz solos sung by Dolores, and a short spoken word piece by me as Merton. Extensive narration by Ron Oliver, Jazz88 radio host of City View.
</end Shameless plug>

- Simon.