addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Democracy for America Meetup Group Message Board › Lets Focus on winning the elections for 2006

Lets Focus on winning the elections for 2006

A former member
Post #: 1
I would like to know all the Republicians who are up for election in 2006. Then, I would like to know their voting history ,past, as well as what they do between now and 2006.If they look like they are out of touch with the voters, then we should target their seats for capture by our candiates.

Our secret weapon is to target them for retirement!!!!!cool
A former member
Post #: 27
This is but one example of why I think 'reforming from within' is just an exercise in 'spinning your wheels':
http://www.talkingpoi...­
A former member
Post #: 2
This is but one example of why I think 'reforming from within' is just an exercise in 'spinning your wheels':

How can you reform from within if you can't elected candiates who share your positions? I suggest you can't since those in office have the power to make changes while you can only protest their decisions.
Of course,I would like to hear your alterative on how you would change the direction of this country by "reforming from within" if you remain excluded from those positions of power that are determiing the future course this country will take?????????????
A former member
Post #: 31

How can you reform from within if you can't elected candiates who share your positions?

Separate question; I concur you need to get people elected who share perspectives; I just don't think the Democratic Party is the way to go. And I do have a plan I'm developing to get such people elected regardless of party affiliation. Just don't talk about such as I'm one inclined to having all my ducks in a row.

I suggest you can't since those in office have the power to make changes while you can only protest their decisions.
Of course,I would like to hear your alterative on how you would change the direction of this country by "reforming from within" if you remain excluded from those positions of power that are determiing the future course this country will take?????????????
It's coming; should be ready by the beginning of the new year.

A former member
Post #: 36
Here's a little history that I am taking into account in crafting an idea:
http://www.ourfuture....­
A former member
Post #: 3
Here's a little history that I am taking into account in crafting an idea:
http://www.ourfuture....­

There is no doubt that money does influence the outcome of elections. However, even without campaign finance reform, we can somewhat counter the influence of big money by tracking the voting records of those elected officials who votes are cast to insure future contributions from money special interest groups! Per the article you cited, we should especially bring light to bear on their votes "when the issues at stake are far from public consciousness." Thus us little folks who can afford $ 25 to $ 250. in contributions can focus our support on those candiates opposing those Republicians who vote for the special interest.
We saw how little people can effectively equalize the money advantage.... see the case hisory of Howard Deans!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like to hear your plan regarding the 2006 Elections or who needs to go and why?????????????
A former member
Post #: 39
Burt, your statement about $25 to $250 is exactly what I'm aiming for. This is what I wrote a friend of mine:
I'm building an idea in my head about an organization that is non-
partisan,depending on private citizen contributions, to fund any candidate-
regardless of party- that signs on to an agenda (which I'm working on)that
emphasizes unity, common interests that are spelled out, a common sense
intepretation of the Constitution's preamble, agreement to support and work for instant runoff voting, and educating the populace on complex issues in a clear, straight forward manner.
Any suggestions regarding such an organization? (Thom Hartmann said 'makes
sense' when I gave him my vague idea)

I'm still working on the idea and awaiting clarification about activities as a 503c organization from reclaimdemocracy.org. So please give me a little more time to put some 'meat' on these ideas.
A former member
Post #: 4
Senator Jim Inhofe is the Republician Senator from Oklahoma who attempted to sneak an unconscionable provision in a bill that Congress had to act on quickly before their recent holiday recess.

The provision would have permit certain Republician committee chairman to have unfettered access, to as well as the right to fully disclose, the contents of your, mine and or any other organizations or persons income tax returns who might oppose the Republician agenda!!!!!!THIS PROVISION SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED HOW TO PUNISH DISSENT!!!!!

Fortunely this hidden provision in this bill was caught by a staffer of a memeber of Congress. After a public outcry concerning it, an amendment was added to the bill that stated it would have no effect.

ISN'T """SENATOR JIM INHOFE""" A CANDIATE WHO SHOULD BE EXPOSE TO THE VOTERS FOR THIS TYPE OF CONDUCT WHEN HE SEEKS REELECTION?????????????