- 2019 Orange County Women's March
In 2018, over 25,000 people marched in peaceful unity to have the new administration recognize that women’s rights are human rights. This March ignited a movement that united women on many issues that affected healthcare, banned and divided our families, threatened a women’s right to work, excluded our identities, and has reached another peak with the #MeToo campaign. It is the intent of the OC Women’s March Coalition to continue the tradition of holding the OC Women’s March to continue to raise awareness of issues that impact women in our community. In addition to women taking the lead in issue activism, it is the coalition’s intent to create a space to encourage women in leadership and bolster voter participation, to show that women are marching and we vote! DATE: Saturday January 19, 2019 TIME: 10:00 AM LOCATION: The starting point will be on the corner of W. Civic Center Drive and N. Flower Street in Downtown Santa Ana, CA This event is free and open to the public, we just ask that you RSVP via Eventbrite so we can get an estimated head count. Once you are registered, you will get the most updated information on the March sent directly to you! RSVP Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-orange-county-womens-march-tickets-52686259019
- 38th Annual Suffrage Day Celebration & Champagne Brunch
Women For: Orange County working for a better world AUGUST SPECIAL EVENT 38th Annual Suffrage Day Celebration & Champagne Brunch Speaker Michael Hiltzik Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist & columnist for the LA Times Sunday, August 26 10:30am - Registration & brunch open 11:45am - Program begins PURCHASE TICKETS HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/38th-annual-suffrage-day-celebration-tickets-42661596985 Women For: Orange County is pleased to announce its 38th Annual Suffrage Day Champagne Brunch. This annual celebration honors outstanding Orange County citizens who embody the spirit and characteristics of those who have struggled courageously for women's suffrage and other human rights. This year, our Suffrage Day Champagne Brunch will be honoring Ada Briceño, Donna Gilmore, and Laura Kanter, with a special remembrance for Ellen DeYoung. The keynote speaker will be Michael Hiltzik, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist & columnist for the LA Times. He will speak on "Curing the American Healthcare System: Can it be Done?". Registration and Champagne Buffet opens at 10:30 am. Program to be held from 11:45 am - 1:30 pm. Please plan to arrive early to enjoy your food and greet friends prior to the beginning of the program. *** The Hacienda Restaurant 1725 College Avenue Santa Ana, California 92706 Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/201939363993286/ ___ _ ___ Men are cordially invited. Women For: is a volunteer, non-partisan, feminist organization dedicated to advancing Human & Civil Rights, Peace, Social Justice, Education, Health Care and the Environment. [masked] http://www.womenfororangecounty.org Please 'like' our WF:OC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Women-For-Orange-County[masked]/ Follow us on Twitter @WomenForOC
- Great American Write-In
• What we'll do This year more than ever, Women For: Orange County, a non-partisan women's group, is pleased to present the 33rd Annual Great American Write-In. This free event is offered to the public every year to provide attendees with the means to influence policy decisions by writing letters to their legislators. It's also a great opportunity for participants to experience first-hand what informed citizen involvement in government is all about. More than 60 different organizations and advocacy groups will be represented with information regarding some of today’s most vital issues, including education, health care, human and civil rights and the environment. Attendees are invited to visit the various tables and then voice their opinions by writing letters to government and corporate decision-makers in the hopes of bringing about constructive change. There is no cost for this event; Women For: Orange County will supply the post cards, stationery, postage, refreshments and parking. Last year, almost 700 attendees generated over 4,400 letters and postcards. Please let us know you are coming by registering on Eventbrite. (Each person in your group should register separately.) Registration is also available at the door on the day of the event. http://www.womenfororangecounty.org/ • What to bring Remember to bring your return-address labels, and please carpool if you can! • Important to know Most of the groups represented at the Great American Write-In reflect the stated goals of Women For: Orange County. In a few cases, groups have been included that deal with controversial issues on which Women For: Orange County has not taken a public stand. No participating organization may be anti-choice, racist, or sexist.
- OC Women’s March
• What we'll do About the 2018 OC Women’s March: In 2017, over 20,000 people marched in peaceful unity to have the new administration recognize that women’s rights are human rights. This March ignited a movement that united women on many issues that affected healthcare, banned and divided our families, threatened a women’s right to work, excluded our identities, and has reached another peak with the #MeToo campaign. It is the intent of the OC Women’s March Coalition to continue the tradition of holding the OC Women’s March to continue to raise awareness of issues that impact women in our community. In addition to women taking the lead in issue activism, it is the coalition’s intent to create a space to encourage women in leadership and bolster voter participation, to show that women are marching and we vote! Please do not bring: Backpacks/large bags Signs on Sticks (no lumber or PVC) Vehicles (no cars, wagons, motorcycles, bicycles, roller skates etc. only pedestrians on march route or rally. ADA compliant mobility scooters and wheelchairs are allowed for people with disabilities) Special Considerations: ASL Interpreter Designated area for people with disabilities ADA Compliant Restrooms Water for all marchers • What to bring • Important to know http://www.ocwomensmarch.org
- Democracy for America - Orange County Monthly Meetup
- Democracy for America - Orange County Monthly Meetup
DFA-OC Returns to Karl Strauss after a four-month pause due to remodeling. Here's a glimpse at our speaker lineup: Rose Vizcarra, Registrar of Voters Office, Community Program Specialist. Rosa will bring us up to date on -News from the Registrar of Voters office -Info about the 2018 election schedule -Programs designed to increase voter access and turnout We are fortunate in OC. Our Registrar of Voters office is recognized nationally for its integrity and innovation. Cate Hardesty, Code Blue 48th CD Representative, and Coordinator for the 48th Action Council. -Intensive voter registration program in the 48th. Time to volunteer! -Canvassing training program, another way to volunteer • -WOW Conference - Saturday, Dec. 9. This event is for all organizers in Orange County and those who want to participate in the 2018 election. All are welcome (young, old, experienced, inexperienced). We need to build a sustainable movement! Please join us! This is how we win! When: Saturday, December 9, 9am-4pm Admission: $25. Location: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach. Register https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wow-orange-county-conference-tickets-39775427374 (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wow-orange-county-conference-tickets-39775427374) Our workshops provide transformative experiences that connect community members through their values, then equip them with the tools and knowledge needed to build and leverage power. Ten years ago, early on a Saturday morning, a few hundred strangers poured into a soundstage in Burbank, carrying their own chairs. They were there to learn how to contribute to the primary campaign of then-Senator Barack Obama and they’d gotten an email the night before, asking for them to please bring something to sit on. Skepticism hung in the air. They were led through the weekend by a man named Marshall Ganz who had organized with Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers, and now teaches organizing theory and practice at Harvard. Before they talked about phone banks, or canvassing, or data, or anything that resembled a task related to a campaign, they told each other stories. Crucial moments in their lives that made them who they were. Then they began to craft stories of each other, how they were all connected beyond the fact that they’d all showed up there for this first-term Senator. By the end of Sunday, everyone in that room was a member of a team with a clear goal, each member having a clear role and responsibilities. But more importantly, everyone in that room was part of a new community. A community that is still thriving ten years later. Western Organizing Workshop started as one of those teams. We came for him, we stayed for each other, and there’s no doubt that the reason we’re still together is because of the methods and practices imparted on that Burbank soundstage. It's time to build another movement. Come learn from Obama's CA team. This workshop is transformative! IMPORTANT! Community Collection Annual collection of personal items for women in prison. Please bring shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste in travel sizes. Volunteers will use our donations to create holiday gifts. Plus, Current Issues: Actions (Letters, Petitions), Legislative Updates, Announcements Admission is free. Email [masked] with questions.
- Democracy for America-Orange County
Democracy for America - OC Wednesday, December 6 Karl Strauss Brewery 901 South Coast Drive, Costa Mesa (https://maps.google.com/?q=901+South+Coast+Drive,+Costa+Mesa&entry=gmail&source=g) DFA-OC Returns to Karl Strauss after a four-month pause due to remodeling. Here's a glimpse of the speaker lineup: Rose Vizcarra, Registrar of Voters Office, Community Program Specialist. Rosa will bring us up to date on: news from the Registrar of Voters office, info about the 2018 election schedule, programs designed to increase voter access and turnout. We are fortunate in OC. Our Registrar of Voters office is recognized nationally for its integrity and innovation. Cate Hardesty, Code Blue 48th CD Representative, and Coordinator for the 48th Action Council will discuss the group's 8ntensive voter registration program in the 48th, canvassing training program and the WOW Conference, Saturday, Dec. 9. Our annual collection for Dec. is personal items for women in prison. Please bring shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste in travel sizes. Volunteers will use our donations to create holiday gifts. We will also hear announcements on current issues and actions. Thanks for your generous support of this annual roject. Admission is free; social hour starts at 6:15pm. Please plan to order appetizer, beverage or meal from the menu - we now have a significant minimum to meet in order to use the patio without additional cost. Contact [masked] with questions.
- Democracy for America: Resistance Linkup
Oct 7 Saturday 3-5pm, Irvine: Democracy for America: Resistance Linkup @ The Museum of Woman, 17905 Sky Park Circle #A Join progressive friends and neighbors in Irvine to build power for 2017 elections! We're starting now to elect the leaders who will go beyond Trump and protect our communities. At our Resistance LinkUp, facilitated by Reverends Karen Tate and Ava Park, we'll be mobilizing DFA members around the country and organizing phone banks to reach out to voters between now and Election Day. If you are ready to join with others to organize locally for 2017 changemakers and build the progressive bench in key cities and states, then register for this event! Complimentary refreshments will be provided for all. Admission is free, but let us know you're coming! Register here: act.democracyforamerica.com/event/october-resistance-linkups_attend/4902/?source=taf If you are ready to join with others to organize locally for 2017 changemakers and build the progressive bench in key cities and states, then please register for this event! Information on event: Democracy for America (Vermont office) 802/[masked]. The Museum is not responsible for the content of this event.) Contact venue Museum of Woman at 714/[masked]
- Democracy for America - Orange County Monthly Meetup