An introduction to WordPress.
• Learn about WordPress with an in-depth look at the main features, files, and plugins.
• Learn to install, configure, style and extend your WordPress site using best practices.
• Learn what's new, what's old, and what's on the horizon for WordPress.
• Learn how to update a WordPress site for the latest trends in social, mobile and SEO.
• Learn to optimize your site and to keep it running fast on even the slowest, cheapest web hosts.
• Learn to enhance your WordPress site to handle multimedia and social connections effortlessly. (This covers the WordPress 101 and WordPress 102 material that was presented last year.)
Delicious hot lunch (pizza) and snacks (chips/cookies) will be served. (Feel free to bring a bag lunch if you prefer a "healthier" diet. Refigerator/microwave is available.)
Presented by Tony Cecala, Ph.D.
Please note: Your $49. includes free admission to the afternoon WordPress Meetup (2pm-4pm)—a $10 value. This is in the SAME ROOM and if you RSVP to this, you automatically get a free ticket and a reserved seat to the Meetup with Sean Jackson, which is almost sold out.
PS -- If you prefer to pay at the door, we will do cash or credit. Easy peasy.
MEETUP (Are you ready to turn Pro? (http://www.meetup.com/dfwwordpress/events/46526972/)): 2PM-4PM