addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Database corruption

Database corruption

Chris K.
user 40630072
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
Also, please let us know what plugin and version of WP you were using when the problem occurred so we can all try to avoid making the same mistake. Hope everything goes smoothly from here. Thanks!
Peter G.
user 38177402
Plano, TX
Post #: 5
Chris,
Again, thank you. I am using a standard WP theme. I was, and still am using a social media plugin that caused the problem.

I updated to WP 3.3.1... The problem surfaced.
With the collective advice from the group... The solution to the problem worked out as follows:

Backup data Base
Disable all add-in modules
Test to see if problem went away. It did!!
Enable 1/2 of the add-ins... Still OK
Enable the next 25% of add-ins. Problem surfaced.
Disable and add one at a time.. Found the culprit.
Enable the rest (Except the culprit.) All worked.
Deleted the culprit.
Reloaded the culprit for test purposes...
Enabled the culprit... IT now works.
Problem solved!!

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Peter

Note, will still need to work out the "Blog" vs: "Blogs" issue. Will start a new string on that if I can't.

THANKS AGAIN!!