addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › optimal WP hosting configuration

optimal WP hosting configuration

Rudy "Yankeerudy" ...
yankeerudy
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 174
I'm in the market for a new dedicated Linux server. I know that shared server options like (shudder) Godaddy seem to have their servers optimally configured to run wordpress, and want to similarly optimally configure my server in the same way. Unfortunately I've not been able to locate sufficient instruction on how to do that.

Anybody have an idea where I should look?

Thanks all
Jimi T.
user 11368811
Celeste, TX
Post #: 1
We actually offer that very service. If you're interested drop me a line. We set up, configure and optimize VPS's specifically for WordPress. We can help you with management tasks like operating system patches, updaing WordPress, updating plugins and themes, installing/adding plugins, installing themes and custom WordPress development. Email my partner at mike at cmkconsulting dot com.
Ken F.
user 3788209
Garland, TX
Post #: 1
Ruddy I have been hosting since 1999 running linux with the very latest php 5.4, mysql, Zend optimization, six layers of firewall protection plus an array of hosted dedicated systems for dedicated machines or cloud based dedicated plans. Contact me to better discuss what you need. Having a dedicated is not one size fits all. The most important factor to consider is the server support. Let 's talk before you jump into a server.
A former member
Post #: 9
I offer hosting that is great for WordPress, however I have this optimized for customers that are also my dev clients.

Softlayer offers dedicated servers at reasonable prices. They have been in business for many years. You may remember them when they were called The Planet.

Nexcuss offers VERY reliable hosting. As I have worked with many clients that use this as the hosting provider I can say that this is my 2nd choice if not on my dedicated Softlayer server.