Hi fellow photographers,
This event is co-organized with Travel, Leisure and Care (TLC) meetup group.
They have many upcoming exciting adventures. Do feel free to join TLC to avoid missing out any activities.
This time they are heading to JB (Johor Bahru) to sample the ‘Top Eats’ as recommended by Johor’s ‘Makansutra’ (Johor Kaki) at these old traditional coffee-shops, cafes, road-side stalls, food centers & night market etc. selling the best “Die, die must Try!” Malaysian local food that we have heard so much about.
As a professional food photographer myself, I will be sharing FREE tips on how to shoot food as we walk along the streets in JB, savoring the dishes.
To start you drooling, here’s just some of their local HOT favourites –
1) Char Kway Teow
2) Famous Duck/ Char Siew Rice/ Noodle
3) Traditional HK styled Dim-sum
4) Wan ton mee
5) Crispy Popiah
6) Mixed Pork Kway Teow Soup
7) Road side Ice-kachang/ Chendol
8) Oh-Chien (Fried Oysters Omelette)
9) BBQ Seafood and Satay
10) Heavenly desserts/ ice-creams
11) Fried durian puffs/ goring-pisang etc
12) Penang Assam Laksa/ Lor mee
13) Banana Cake & Pastries
And more if you still have the appetite!
Planned itinerary - (subject to change)
8am - If no jam at the Causeway, we'll arrive at JB Old Town for your Breakfast. I'll bring you around the vicinity on a 15 min walking tour introducing you at least 7 different old coffee-shops and bakeries selling their specialty eg. the famous mixed pork abalone kwayteow soup, the traditional 60's Hainanese kaya, eggs & coffee toast, Johor styled mee-rebus, prata, the very popular roasted duck/char-siew noodles, the fragrant fresh banana cakes & pastries that S'poreans love, various types of school days curry-puffs and even an outlet selling Old English-styled traditional breakfast etc. You guys take your pick! Try all if you can.
10am - We'll head to another place for some old-styled charcoal porridge, try the local's favourite traditional push-cart dim-sum for our brunch, late morning tea-break with pastries, etc.
We’ll also be checking out some of the Shopping Mega-Malls eg. KSL, Jusco Tebrau Mega-Mall, JB City Square etc for some cool shopping and air-con comfort.
Those who do not wish to shop may wish to chill-out at the cafes for a good cuppa of coffee, chit-chat and try their heavenly desserts. Alternatively they may consider a good massage, foot-reflexology or check-out the karaoke joints for a good de-stress therapy.
In the evening, we’ll have some alfresco dining along the famous hawker street stalls in JB and also visit the night-markets for more food and shopping before our return back to Singapore.
So grab your Food & Shopping kakis now and chill-out at this One day Event.
Group size: Max 10 from Singapore Digital Photography Meetup Group
Day and date: Sunday, 6 July 2014
Meeting time: 7.15 am. (*No World Cup match)
Meeting place: Bus stop number B46521 at Woodlands Avenue 3. This bus stop is in front of Marsiling (NS8) MRT station
If you are driving, you may park at the public car parks (around Blocks 160 to 165) near the MRT station
Cost: $25 (For a FULL DAY Transport/ Pick-Up/ Drop-off in Singapore and Tips to Driver.)
Insurance & all other shopping expenses/ food are not included.
Registration and Payment
1. Only members can RSVP. Members may bring up to 1 Friends.
2. All RSVP will be in the “Waiting” list.
3. Payment details will be emailed to you. Do not make any payments until you receive the invitation email.
4. Participation is confirmed only upon receipt of your payment. Confirmation is on a “First-Pay First-Confirm” basis. Thereafter, your name will be transferred to the “Going” list.
5. Prompt payment with proof of payment transfer will ensure priority in confirming your place for the event. *Organizer reserves the right to reject applications that are incomplete or emails with no records of payment.
6. Payments made for registration are non refundable. Replacements are acceptable but must be made not later 2 days before departure.
Must Have List
1. Valid Passport and Visa (please check whether you require it)
2. Malaysian and Singapore currency for shopping/ own use
3. Contactable Mobile phone
4. Comfortable clothes
5. Comfortable Walking Shoes
6. Backpack or Shopping Bag