• Food, Drinks & Networking (20mins) (bring your business card)
• Introduction & Announcement (10mins)
• "What happens when the OS is used as a weapon – Gaining visibility over File-less attacks & LOLbins" by Alberto Pelliccione (1hr 15mins)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE OS IS USED AS A WEAPON – GAINING VISIBILITY OVER FILE-LESS ATTACKS & LOLBINS
From organised crimes to state-sponsored threat actors, file-less attacks have been gaining momentum and they have been stressing the defence capabilities of both governments and enterprises at large. With these mounting challenges, a new threat has also started to emerge: dubbed LOLBins. The attack takes advantage of normal OS components, abusing them to download or execute external content while bypassing whitelisting solutions and anti-virus software. What are the best practices to gain visibility over these new families of attacks and how to detect them early? We will analyse several real-life scenarios to gain a deeper understanding of this emerging family of threats and to understand how to enact an appropriate threat hunting and response process.
1) Recognising a fileless attack
2) Understanding how fileless attacks work and their application
3) Gaining visibility on fileless attack
4) Taking steps to overcome/contain/remediate fileless attacks
ALBERTO PELLICCIONE has been active in the field of malware analysis since 1998. He's been a cybersecurity trainer for governmental institutions and a researcher at the National Council of Research on Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Collaborative Agents.
In 2008, Alberto moved on to the intelligence sector, where he led a team of high profile cyber security experts to develop attack tools, used by governmental agencies worldwide to conduct cyber intelligence operations. Alberto is the founder and CEO at ReaQta since 2014, a leading provider of A.I. Threat Response platform and security services capable of addressing the most advanced and sophisticated endpoint threats.
VENUE SPONSOR: ReaQta
FOOD SPONSOR: ReaQta