Please register using the following pre-registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/QCwR5IzfQhyYDGAL2
RSVP on Meetup.com is not recognised.
As this is a hands-on workshop, we can only accommodate a handful of participants. Participants will be selected based on their answers in the pre-registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/QCwR5IzfQhyYDGAL2
Selected participants will be notified a week before the workshop.
- "Threat Hunting Workshop" by Loh In-Ming & Lacie Fan
This workshop explores how to build use cases based on the latest attack techniques, how to improve prioritisation of log collection, the design of detection controls and evolving the triage process to spend less time on false positives.
- The workshop targets technical audience (Beginner to Intermediate level) working in a defensive capacity, looking to improve their security knowledge and detection abilities.
- We will demonstrate how an understanding of latest attack techniques can significantly improve your approach to detection.
- We will address threat hunting techniques, effective methods of investigation and use case design.
- Attendees are required to have a basic understanding of Windows internals, security monitoring and be familiar with the detective controls that exist within their organisation.
LOH IN-MING is a Threat Hunter at Countercept, a 24/7 managed threat hunting service by MWR InfoSecurity. His major interests are attack detection and prevention.
LACIE FAN is a Threat Hunter at Countercept, a 24/7 managed Threat hunting service by MWR Infosecurity. Previously an Incident Response investigator, she carries a deep interest in forensics investigations and attack detection. Having knowledge in both offensive and defensive security, she currently holds both CPIA and OSCP accreditation.
VENUE SPONSOR: ICE71
FOOD SPONSOR: Countercept, MWR InfoSecurity