This event was canceled
Django signals - what, how, when and when not by Karina Klinkevičiūtė
Django signals is a way to send certain information between Django apps. I will tell what they are, how to use them, what signals are used by Django itself. But the focus will be on when you should use them and when you shouldn't.
This talk is for everyone who is familiar with Django, and maybe for those who are not. You don't have to know about signals beforehand.
Stopping online Misogyny with a browser extension by Cheuk Ting Ho
Have you ever feel excluded in online discussions? Have you had bad experiences on social media? How did you feel if you have been attacked or abused for your identity? Amnesty International's study looked at 778 women journalists and politicians in the US and UK, and found that 7.1 percent of tweets sent to them in 2017 were abusive or problematic. So here we are, Opt-out - an open source project to stop online Misogyny: https://github.com/opt-out-tools/opt-out . Let's have a look at how this browser extension help people, especially self-identified women, to opt out from abuse on Twitter.
• 6:30pm Doors open at Code Node
• 7:00pm Meetup starts
• 8:15pm Socialising at the Code Node Space Bar, with free pizza and drinks offered by our sponsors
• 9:15pm Code Node closes, continue socialising in The Red Lion pub, across the street
PLEASE NOTE: in order to attend, you need to be registered on Skills Matter too!
Our meetups are governed by a Code of Conduct. Please take a few minutes to read it.
This meetup is sponsored by:
• Festicket (https://festicket.workable.com/): "Europe's largest music festival platform, and UK's 6th fastest growing private tech start up.
Transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world."
• Mixcloud (https://www.mixcloud.com/): Mixcloud is an audio streaming platform connecting a global community of listeners and creators through audio culture.
Listeners can access a unique collection of over 15 million radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts produced and uploaded by over 1.3 million passionate tastemakers and curators around the globe.
• Pollen (https://pollen.co): "Pollen is a marketplace for the best in shared experiences."
• Time Out (https://timeout.com/): "The trusted global platform that inspires and enables people to experience the best of the city."
Open Collective: https://opencollective.com/the-london-django-meetup-group/