addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Ventura County Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board › Looking to join or start a D&D group in Thousand Oaks area.

Looking to join or start a D&D group in Thousand Oaks area.

robert scott m.
user 61647912
Camarillo, CA
Post #: 1
Hey there guys. I'm recently returned to the Thousand Oaks area after living and working in Hollywood for too many years. Used to play older D&D with a couple of different groups here back in highschool, and we also ran Rifts, Palladium, Paranoia, Call O' Cthulhu, ect...

Yet none of my old buddies are here anymore. So what I would like to do is find another group of any age and play style mix and see if I could join in a campaign or adventure or two. I work from home now so I have a good open schedule, and I'm hoping to be able to commit to a group on a regular basis, so I wouldn't that gamer who doesn't show up....I Havn't played 4edition too much (but own and have played the 3 board games for it, so I knowledgable about 90% of the rules and the new sctructures) but as a long time veteran of many RPG games I'm sure it'll be like riding a bike.

Also I personally am an avid collector of minis from a wide range of games, and one of the more talented painters in the California area. I've entered 8 different Games Workshop painting competitions at both local and national level and walked away with 5 first place, one second place, and one tie for first. So I can bring some top notch painting and diorama/scenery making skills to your group if your currently lacking that aspect of your gaming repertiore. I also own a fortune's worth of Dwarven Forge 3-D dungeon pieces, so I'm willing to share with those willing to respect the stuff and treat it nicely.

I also own many many mini-based board games from Warhammer Quest to Descent, from Mansions of Madness to Claustrophobia, and from Super Dungeon Explore to Tailsman 3rd edition and just about anything in-between, and I would love to get a chance to share them with a group using a regular or semi-regular board game night.

My only catch is that because of my currently living situation, having just moved back, I'm not gonna be able to host personally for some time. Other than that I would just like to find a group I can fit into and have some fun with. Seems most of the action in this D&D group happens more up towards ventura, and I don't mind traveling to enjoy a good game, but also looking for anyone local. Any one assembeling, have a group with an opening, or willing to brainstorm on how we can get one together here in the thousand oaks area?
B.c. M.
user 44341212
Oak Park, CA
Post #: 2
Hey I just posted about the same thing, are you still looking? I'm in Oak Park right next to Thousand Oaks.
A former member
Post #: 1
My wife and I are near CLU in Thousand Oaks. You gentlemen still looking to get a game going? Or have a game running that we could join?

EDIT on Feb 17: I posted back on the 9th, just sent emails out to Robert, Matthew and B.C.
Alex G.
pika132
Moorpark, CA
Post #: 4
Dunno if any of you are still looking, but I have a 4e game starting Saturday in Westlake. We already have 5 people scheduled to attend. Adam or BC, if you are interested I can send you details.
A former member
Post #: 2
Out of town with work this Saturday. sad Keep in touch though, maybe my wife and I could drop in for a session some time?
A former member
Post #: 23
I just moved to Thousand Oaks and would like to either join a 4e game as a player or start up a new one as a DM.
Alex G.
pika132
Moorpark, CA
Post #: 5
I just moved to Thousand Oaks and would like to either join a 4e game as a player or start up a new one as a DM.
I run a 4e game every other Sunday in Westlake. You just missed last week's game, sadly...however I can put you in touch with some people who run a bi-weekly Saturday game too, including this weekend. Hit me up at pika132 at gmail!