addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jeremy
user 7375105
Columbia, SC
Post #: 1
I live in the Harbison area and am looking for a D&D or Pathfinder game to join in my area. I have played several v3.5 games and a few in Pathfinder. I have never DM and not really interested. I currently play on Sunday nights and interested in something during the weekdays. I am 37 and married and my wife does not play but she lets me. :)
A former member
I recently moved from the Harbison area to Northeast. I've been playing in a 4E group when my schedule allows, but it's been hard to make it work. I love 1st edition D&D (i.e. 1991 rules cyclopedia) and have most of my experience with AD&D 2nd edition. The current game just doesn't have the same spark for me. I've found 4E combats consume too much of the game session, and I'd like to go back to the roots of the game with a new campaign using 1st edition rules. If you're a long time player or a new player who wants to see how the game got it's extremely popular start I'd love to hear from you. Like Tzalik I like to have a clean table with respectful players, and I've enjoyed having him and his friends at my table. I'd prefer to host a weekend game, but could make an evening game work during the week. 1st edition rule books are somewhat hard to find, but there are some Rules Cyclopedias around the online stores if you shop around; some at a good price. The great thing is, all the rules are in 1 book, and the prep time is very light compared to recent editions.
Charlie
Nalamin
Hartsville, SC
Post #: 2
Hi,

I've been playing RPG's since the late 70's but didn't play much from the mid 80's till now due to work and family commitments. I am now divorced (gaming wasn't the reason), my daughter has gone off to college (College of Wooster in Ohio), and I am retired due to disability (Heart condition - if I keel over please call 911 "just joking"). So lots of time to play RPG's again.

I played Everquest I and II and WoW for several years but really got tired of their repetitive nature and decided to return to real paper and pen RPG'ing. Those games are over-run with 13 year olds these days in any case.

I have an almost full set of the Harn RPG system. I am really interested in either GM'ing a group in Harn or playing in someone else's Harn game. I am beginning to think I may be the only Harn person in SC so I guess it is up to me to GM.

I am willing to travel to Sumter and or possibly even Columbia for a really good group of players.

Harn is a RPG world system based on medieval England. While human, elven, and dwarven races are available to play I am really just interested in playing a human group. There are several religions which are essentially pagan in nature. There is magic in the game but where and how it is learned etc is part of game play.

Well, that is all for now.

A former member
Post #: 3
I recently moved to Columbia and haven't had any luck so far in finding a gaming group. I put up an ad on craigslist and haven't had any responses :(

I'm looking to game D&D 3.5-4.0 on the weekends. I'd rather be a PC but I'm willing to DM too.

A little about me:
I'm 32 yrs old, have a degree in psychology
I have a background in acting and storytelling
I'm in the Army and will be in Columbia untill June 2010
I love to swing dance and salsa
I live in a house in Columbia off Forest and Sunnyside Dr about 10 min from downtown

Please drop me a line if anyone knows of any games I could join, or if you'd like us to start our own!

Emory
emory23@gmail.com
A former member
Greets one and all,
My name is Steve I just moved into the Sumter area and would love to find a Gaming group in the area. I am a long time player/GM (almost 30years). I have played a number of games but have always found a great love for D&D, Rifts and Shadow Run. I would be willing run or play anyone of the 3. thanks
Jenny
Ursulah
Camden, SC
Post #: 92
Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I just moved here from Jacksonville, FL. I live in the Camden area and have been playing Dungeons and Dragons since my sophomore year of high school. I have mostly been a DM but I really want to be a player character now. I am 22 years old and am taking time off of school because I just had a baby, my son Alexander Wolf. I also love video games and am currently playing WoW, DnD online, League of Legends, and Demigod. I also like the Sims 3 :) I am excited to meet everyone and hope I can join a game soon!
Travis S.
user 11271177
Columbia, SC
Hello, I just joined the community and was hoping to find players interested in 3.5 or 4th edition games. I have been a DM for seven years. I just moved to Columbia and live Forest Walk apartments of Foxfire Dr. I have alot of free-time as I only work 3 times a week currently. I have only 1 player currently so I have spots for up to 5 additional seats. Also I would love to find someone else willing to DM with seats open as I haven't been able to be a player in over 3 years. My DM style is always be prepared (normally a week in advance for any dice rolling take place) and I am laid back and lighthearted, though too much joking at the table can be a distraction and is unacceptable. I am 20 years old and are hoping to meet and enjoy the company of some fine members of this community.
A former member
Hey guys, my name is Davis and i love D&D! I currently play D&D 4E, haven't had much experience with 3rd but played old school D&D. I would love to find a group to DM for ideally with once a week meetups :).
I, of course enjoy being a player character as well. I prefer a moderate to heavy amount of role playing. I work part time and i have pretty much open availability.

I moved here from Tampa about 4 months ago, and haven't found any luck with anything geek related :(.
I'm 23 years old, and think D&D insider is the absolute COOLEST thing ever.
Please, if you're in need of a PC, or a DM don't be afraid to contact me. I've been itchin for way to long to get my dice back in action!

Thanks again, hope to hear from someone soon!
Wyatt K.
user 11455792
Shaw A F B, SC
Hello, I'm Kelso got stationed here at Shaw AFB and wanted to continue learning D&D 3.5 before I enlisted. Mainly able to play on the weekends.
Sami
user 11515159
Columbia, SC
Lets see here. So far I am a front line player. I only for a short time because the group I am with right now doesn't meet as much as I would like.

I am a little hot headed but I don't get all pissy and stuff lol.
I am in college as a junior and I have a tough schedule but I can play over the weekend.

Can I bring my own character or do I have to make a new one everytime we meet or do I only make a new character in my first meeting and then bring it? What are the rules?

Additionally, I don't mind dying as long as I get brought back. I hate the fact that my character died and doesn't come back after I put so much work into it. I don't mind dying with penalties that way I try to avoid dying as much as I could <_<... but don't kill me for good T_T

Let me know what rules you guys usually play with.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to kicking some ass.