addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 3
Barnes and Noble on Harbison blvd, Books A Million on Harbison blvd, Hunter
Gatherer downtown Columbia, House Coffee in between downtown Columbia and Cayce
on Meeting street. Heroes and Dragons could also be an option.

Thats 2 book stores, 1 non-rowdy bar, 1 coffee shop, and 1 gaming store.

All capable of housing us given they are not too busy with existing customers upon our arrival.

Please share your opinions and ideas :)

-Justin
A former member
Post #: 5
Books a million might be a good place if we could pull some of their tables together. I think the tables at Barnes and Noble are too small for all of us.

We could also use a meeting room if someone has one at their work or apartment that we could use.

I don't think Heroes and Dragons would work because it's not open late enough; we would have to change the meeting time.

I can't do it at my home because my 3 year old would cause havok :d but we could do it at someone elses if they wouldn't mind volunteering their space.

Jasper
Tzalik
Ninja-Monkey
Columbia, SC
Post #: 1
I'm going to have to vote for a non-bar since we don't know the demographics of who we will have showing up. Whats the number look like showing up? You said 10 people responded to you, and I wasn't one of those so that means at least 12.
A former member
Post #: 4
I spoke with a manager at Barnes and Noble and she said either Wednesday or Thursday would be fine and it would be first come first serve. She also said if we decide to come there that we may want to avoid coming between 6 pm and 8 pm to avoid any rush they may have.

As for the bar.. Hunter Gatherer is also a restaurant so any of the places I listed should not be an issue for anyone to visit.

ender, please either choose a place for us to visit or make a new poll with some locations.

-Justin
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm fine for anywhere but a bar.
A former member
Post #: 1
I think the bar isn't the best place. With all the drinking and stuff, some people may cause trouble.
Please we will need extra tables for books and ourselves, which the place may not like if we start
moving them around. Then there is the last thing, that being we are taking up tables which are
meant for paying customers. They might demand us to buy food and drinks to stay there, and maybe
even tip. I think hero's is our best bet. They are used to players coming in.

This is my thoughts,

Jay
A former member
Opps... secound sentence-- meant to say plus not please

Jay
A former member
Post #: 6
I've got no problem with Heroes and Dragons, but they aren't open late enough for us to meetup on any day but Wednesday....they're open to 9:00pm on Wednesdays and that still might not be late enough if we have a lot of people. If anyone knows the management there then maybe they'll let us stay a bit later, but I don't know anyone that works there.

Jasper
A former member
Barnes and Noble on Harbison blvd, Books A Million on Harbison blvd, Hunter
Gatherer downtown Columbia, House Coffee in between downtown Columbia and Cayce
on Meeting street. Heroes and Dragons could also be an option.

Thats 2 book stores, 1 non-rowdy bar, 1 coffee shop, and 1 gaming store.

All capable of housing us given they are not too busy with existing customers upon our arrival.

Please share your opinions and ideas :)

-Justin

Don't forget IHOP and Waffle House, I played many of D&D session in those places and only been kicked out once (but I think that is cause we where their for almost 13 hours and got one of the waitresses playing with us instead of her job). Seriously where ever we go has to be a place that stays open till aleast 10 since the meeting might now get started good until 7ish..

Also I think we should agree on a rough meeting agenda before we go there otherwise with that many gamers the conversation could quickly get into no lie my <insert character name, stats and game> was doing <insert typically heroic or evil things> just when <insert NPC, major bad guy, town cops> came in so combat was on...
A former member
Post #: 7
I like the idea of IHOP on Saint Andrews because I've been to it before and I've seen fairly large groups seated there. They probably won't get too mad at us if at least a couple of us buy something. I could just eat supper there that night or something. We could also attempt to go to a hardee's, McDonald's, Burger King, etc and then we could split up into different groups at different tables so we won't be attempting to have 15 people having a conversation at the same table. The Hardee's on Piney Grove or the one in Ballentine isn't usually too busy. We also wouldn't be taking up a server's time like we would at IHOP.

Another option is the food court in Dutch Square mall. They have plenty of seating and they're not too busy. We would probably need to start the meetup at 7:00 since they're only open until 9:00.

Let me know what you guys think would be the best place or places and then I could probably have a poll for people to vote on it.

Jasper