addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Throwing out a feeler for a 4e game

Throwing out a feeler for a 4e game

A former member
Post #: 1
What I am ultimately considering is a co-operative world where we could have more than one DM. I enoy DMing but also want the opportunity of playing so the more DM's who can take turns the better :)

Already have 2 definite (myself and my 14 yr old daughter) and 1 more potential person lined up total with 2 of us who are capable of DMing. Oldest is me at 45 youngest is my daughter at 14. Feel free to hit me up here or send me an email at Shadowspawn.DM (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any interest.
A former member
Post #: 2
Would this game be taking place in Hopkins?
A former member
Post #: 36
Interested! DM'd a 3.5 game last year which morphed into Pathfinder but had to quit when school and work overcrowded. Since moving here, I'd like to get involved in a 4e game as a player, but could help with DM'ing from time to time as well. I've heard the job is easier in 4th edition. Let me know a when and where and what books I'll need (currently have PH 1 & 2 only).

~ Don
A former member
Post #: 4
If it helps, I have a 4E module that takes you from lvl 1 through 13 (so far)...if it helps. I've been itching to play it =D
A former member
Post #: 7
Keeping this post active... I hope...

Anyhow to answer the questions.

It does not have to be played in Hopkins if it is not convenient to a majority of the players. Actually if someone has a place sufficient to host that is convenient to the players as a whole and wants to open up their location to the group that would be more than welcome.

If you are a player all you would need is yourself and probably something to write with. Now if you want to be able to use all that is available legally in 4e you are probably going to want to have the materials handy to research and build your character. I personally subscribe to the Dungeons and Dragons Insider so once a month I get the Character Builder updated with the latest published content so that is great for me to build NPC's and even PC's if I ever get to play.

If you would want to assist in DMing, my thought process is to actually have more than one campaign going either in different sections of the world or in different worlds. What I am thinking about doing is having my campaign in a home brew world that is sort of modeled after Forgotten Realms.

A former member
Post #: 11
It does not have to be played in Hopkins if it is not convenient to a majority of the players. Actually if someone has a place sufficient to host that is convenient to the players as a whole and wants to open up their location to the group that would be more than welcome.

I live in Dalzell, so I'd like to try to stay a little closer to that if I could, but I know I'm not the majority, so...that's about it.
A former member
Post #: 40

If you would want to assist in DMing, my thought process is to actually have more than one campaign going either in different sections of the world or in different worlds. What I am thinking about doing is having my campaign in a home brew world that is sort of modeled after Forgotten Realms.

Hmmm. That would eliminate the problems with writing out and writing in characters every time we switched DM's. "So and so the Ranger is feeling people'd out and needs some alone time in the woods... for three weeks..."

It would also give me a chance to see my old campaign ideas revisited and perhaps see them through... Sounds good either way -- whether we kept the same characters from DM to DM, or just had more than one party.
A former member
Post #: 18
Hey guys...just wondering what the status of the 4th ed game was coming. Is it still going to happen? Do we have a location down? I'd actually be willing to host, if that helps. Also, due to an unfortunate incident, I will not be able to drive myself around for a long while =(

So, short and skinny, I'd be willing to host a 4th ed game and I even have some modules that I'm itching to play. Whatcha think?

Edit: If you wanna get ahold of me faster, you can email me at latnerg (at) gmail (dot) com or call/text my cell 919 221 1735
A former member
Post #: 9
Not enough people unfortunately so no it is not going down for a while.