What we're about
The DogFriends In St. George© Meetup Group is a voluntary association of responsible dog-loving people. Our goal is to make it easier and more fun to do the things that go with giving a dog a "forever home".
People and dogs of all ages and activity levels are welcome to join and participate in our different types of outdoor activities. DogFriends© is FREE to join and there is no charge for events. We look forward to meeting you and your dog!
The DogFriends group was originally created by Jerry McLall (Rest in Peace) for people to hike with, and to exercise their dogs. It is not meant to be a hiking group for people, there are other meetup groups that focus on people hiking. As Jerry put it: “This is for the Dogs, any benefit for the people is secondary”. That is our mission statement.
Please check the PAGES section for the Guidelines for Hikers and Event Organizers.
Don't have a dog? Thinking of getting one? Spend time with us and our dogs to learn how a dog might fit into your life. Want to have a dog but can't? You are welcome to come along with us and enjoy the company of our dogs.
Make application for membership in the The DogFriends In St. George© Meetup group by clicking on “Join us!” or "Sign up" (above) and following the on-screen instructions.
►All applications for membership in the The DogFriends In St. George© Meetup group must be approved by an organizer.
►Membership Records must contain the name by which the member is known in the community. Anonymous Member Records are not allowed.
►Names in a Member Record may be –
○ First Name only.
○ First Name and Last Initial.
○ First Name and Last Name.
When you are logged in:
- Left-click on "Photos" (above) to see our photo albums.
- Left-click on "Pages" to see additional information such as Hiker Guidelines and Event Organizer Guidelines.
- Check our RECENT MEETUPS to get a feel for our activities. Find RECENT MEETUPS at the bottom of the page below currently scheduled meetups, or left-click on the "Past" option, just under where it says "WELCOME!". Looking at our PHOTOS will give you an idea what we have done. The PHOTOS can also be seen in the PHOTO ALBUMS.