addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Drinking With Strangers * San Diego Message Board › I need your VOTE for a New Years Venue!

I need your VOTE for a New Years Venue!

Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Hey Strangers!
If you're still nursing a hangover from the Halloween party, just make sure it doesn;t last all the way till New Years. If it does, you'll have to leave this group and join that OTHER group called NOT DRINKING with Strangers. But since we're all about hanging out and meeting up....I have to figure out what the hell to do for New Years. As an organizer should I just say eff this and go to New York early (I have a gig there Jan. 7 and 8th at the Broadway Comedy Club) OR...should I find a venue where we can meet up and have a dance party with an added comedy show? We did this last year at the Sheraton 4 Points, then had a hangover breakfast the next day for everyone who stayed at the hotel.

I would not pick the Sheraton again because they were sorta douche baggy to us when it came to service. And people have to realize that we're 1300 people who need a good stiff drink to celebrate 2011!~!
And we hate douche baggy bartenders and bitchy waitresses.

So....PLEASE VOTE on the FOLLOWING VENUES
1- Hanalei Hotel or some other reasonbly priced but super nice hotel
2- Queen Bee -- which is where we have our comedy show & cocktail parties. This place only holds 150 people so alot of you wont get in. But it will be an amazing party, and the dirnks will be extremely strong & cheap! They have a huge stage, we can have a comedy show, a DJ and maybe some male & female go go dancers covered in body paint. The venue that gets the most votes will be where I will begin my search.

I want to keep the admission price cheap which is where the work comes in as an organizer. I threatened to torchure Kevin Workman until he gave us a discount on the Star of India,. but since he's such a great guy, he gave us an awesome deal and I didnt have to bust out my Kitty torchure techniques that I learned in a previous life when I was an evil alpha female ruler of the world type biatch.

The other venues will not be so nice. Alot of them think its no problem to cough up 12 thousand bucks. Yes, thats what some of these venues charge on New Years to use the place! So I have to find a venue that's more in touch with the fact that it's 2010, NOT 1999. But we can still party like it's 1999...if I can find somebody who will work with us and not get all greedy and ass-rapey about it.

So please vote!
Hotel or Queen Bee!
Or any other ideas?

Thanks! And hurry up. I need to get going on this shite...!

See you at NUNU's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!
Thanksgiving recovery day at Nunu's…
Kitty
Your Organizer

Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 21
VOTE HERE!!!!! Post a reply on the message board OR EMAIL ME! :-)