Objectives: At the end of this free 3-hr training session, you will be able to
- Install Drupal so that it can run locally on your laptop
- Locate and recognize the directory structure for Drupal's code base
- List the server technology required to run Drupal
- Distinguish between default content types and the module-based content types that can be enabled
- Identify the Drupal functionality that allows you to assign descriptive terms to your content
- Create custom content types
- Add a field to a content type
- Add a page to the main menu
- Describe what comprises a webpage in Drupal
- Distinguish between blocks and nodes
Prerequisites: You need your own laptop computer and permission to install software applications on the computer. Government owned or business owned laptops might not allow software to be installed so please check with your IT staff before attending. We will not be able to assist you with the installation if you do not have the right permissions.
Materials: This is a free training event. There will be no handouts. Please bring paper and pen to take notes.
Important note: This is not your typical Drupal meetup. This is a facilitated training event. We will start on time to allow those who need to be home at a decent hour. When class ends, there will be a short meet and greet for those who have time to stay.