addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Switch London (formerly DS London) Message Board › DS London announcments

DS London announcments

Closed to new replies

This message board is read-only.

Joe L.
user 2991356
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi All

It's been a while since I have reached out to our members of our rather great community that is DSLondon (that's you). We have a few announcements:

* Summer break *
As it's summer time when we normally get a big dip in attendees and it being the olympics, we have decided to take a summer break.

We will be coming back in september after the meet on the 21st July at Angel In the Fields, more details on both meetup and facebook.

* New admin *
We have always made sure that the admin are from our community who are the most passionate ones about the ethos of DS London. Along with our long standing admin Lee and Harrison, I would like to introduce you all to the organiser team Rob, Lucy, Mark and Felicity. Please feel free to introduce yourselves to these fun peeps and they can always lead you to a game or two of something in the gang as well as always a be an ear for suggestions to make our meet better.

* 6 Years of DS London *
I would also like to point out we are now on our 6th year (yes 6 years) of DS London. This is a marvellous achievement and the fact we are quickly approaching 150 meets. I'll just like to thank members both new and old that we have reached this fine milestone! If we can make it another 6 years then that would be awesome, help us by sharing the group on fb and twitter, letting your mates know about us!

* Where's Joe ? *
I would also like to pass the main running to Lee. As one of the the main organisers for the past 6 odd years I've had the pleasure of helping to run charity tournaments, cross meetups with other groups, regular meets, a record attempt and travel with DS London.

It's been fun. The people I've met and experiences was beyond what I could expect when I first opened up my duel screen handheld

I will now take more of a back seat. I will be "organiser" on the meetup site as someone needs to pay the meetup fees and will be more of a sponsor and will be pursuing other projects on meetup. Come to the meet next week and buy me a beer if you like

* Win a prize *
At the July Meet up you can win a copy of Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS all you need to do is come along and you'll get a raffle entry!

To increase your chance of winning (ie to get more entries), you need to quote some of the other keywords which we've left around on our facebook, podcast and twitter stream.

Tell Lee these magical keywords to get the extra entry at the next meet. The winner will be announced at the meet!

For reading this you can get an extra entry by quoting the keyword: ASSAULT

Quote Lee the above keyword and others at the next meet!

Check twitter and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/groups/23859966334/­) and on our podcast (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/ds-london-podcast/id260294094­) for a maximum of 5 entries

Next meet is 21st July, cya there!