Overwhelmed by the new APIs announced at Google I/O?
So are we.
The Dutch Android User Group is hosting the Google I/O Extended Extended BBQ so we can share experiences with those shiny new things.
Haven't had the time? No worries. Lightning talks on various topics will get you up to speed in short 15 minute talks.
As usual, there will be plenty of community building. With food and drinks compliments of Pixplicity, join the fantastic Dutch community of developers for a fun event and fantastic BBQ!
There are only 40 seats available, so don't wait! Register quickly before they're all are taken.
Johan and Dennis are taking along their fancy new Android Wear watches and less fancy, but a lot of fun, cardboards (https://developers.google.com/cardboard/). It will likely be your first opportunity to play hands-on with the Samsung Gear Live!
If you're ever interested in giving a session, please don't hesitate to contact an organizer! (http://www.meetup.com/dutch-aug/suggestion/) We'd love to have you.
17:30 Doors open
18:00 Welcome & Announcements
18:15 Johan Pelgrim & Dennis Geurts: Google I/O recap
18:30 Maarten Edgar: Working with Material UI
18:45 Ali Derbane: Android Wear
19:15 Mark van der Tol: Android Wear
19:30 Leo Agtereek: Android L: Fragmentation
19:45 Wolfram Rittmeyer: New Views
21:30 See you next time!
Pixplicity is very close to Utrecht Centraal and is well accessible by public transportation:
• Google Maps is very accurate for planning your trip!
- Busses arrive from the central train station very regularly: 1, 47, 64, 66, 74, 77, 81, 160, 361 and 377 in the directions of Houten, Nieuwegein, Vianen or Gorinchem. Be sure to check which side of the station it departs from! The walk to the office from Europaplein or Socrateslaan is about 7 minutes.
- Trams ST and 260 from the central train station stop at Kanaleneiland Zuid every 5 to 10 minutes, as well as bus 63 to Vianen. The walk to the office from here is about 13 minutes.
• Look for the Pixplicity sign outside building B1.
• Take the stairs or the elevator to the second floor.
For an overview of travel options, please see Pixplicity's route map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z2nglA2o73Ec.kNFuzsLMtOYY
Parking is free at Pixplicity and there should be plenty of spots. Please park behind the building facing the fence. You'll find Pixplicity in building B1.