You will have to be in good physical condition for this hike. Approximately 10 miles round trip if we include West Granite. Elevation gain: 4500 ft. This hike includes very steep slopes, ridge hikes and avalanche terrain. On Granite, be always prepared for extremely high winds and an icy ridge. Below is a link to a previous trip that will give you an idea of the conditions we may encounter. If you haven't done such a trip yet "you ain't seen nothing yet". Regardless of conditions, Granite Mountain is always and will always be a great experience.
On this trip you must bring:
- Crampons (Micro Spikes and YakTrax do not count as crampons!)
- Ice axe
- Balaclava (or similar head cover)
- Warm gloves
- Ski Goggles (if it blows, you gonna miss them)
- MSR snowshoes or snowshoes of similar design. If you don't have MSR like snowshoes please rent them. Costco style snowshoes can be outright dangerous.
- Sturdy mountaineering boots
- Plenty of warm cloth
- A bright shiny smile
- All other 11 essentials not mentioned above (flash light, first aid kit, etc.)
See last years trips: