The meetup will appear full for manual control - add yourself to waiting list, and I'll pull you in depending on fit for mountain/team. If u have a 4x4, or a high clearance vehicle, and are willing to drive, then pls mention in your RSVP.
1. This is not a technical climb, but a physically demanding hike and scramble
Our typical hikes are around 8-10 miles round trip, 3000-4000 feet elevation gain, and mixed terrain scramble to a peak.
2. What to Bring (required list)
Crampons - at the trailhead, we decide whether we need to carry them.
Microspikes Snowshoes - at the trailhead, we decide whether we need to carry them. Ice Axe Gaiters Headlamps Gloves (incl.spare) Chest Harness
Winter mountaineering boots - This is a alpine scramble, and hence be ready for mixed terrain including snow travel.
Hydration and food 10 Essentials Essentials to stay outdoors overnight in winter - for emergency use.
For a full list of equipment: see http://www.firstemall.com/epeaks/
3. Time - keep full day free
4. Slow Hiking speed - I go at a very slow pace. If u are faster, u have to slow down or carry more weight. 5. Carry cash for carpool the group charge $0.50 per mile divided to each occupant.
6. Weather Permitting Destination may change at last minute due to weather or other situations.
7. No Shows and Last minute cancellations: avoid
Note: Please remember, our organizers are not guides. We are not professional trainers or experts. You are responsible for your own safety and your preparation for the events. You need to be properly equipped for all weather conditions, un-anticipated delays by other participants or for whatever reason, and have the skill level necessary to participate.
Note: All participants must have a Waiver ( http://files.meetup.c...) on file. By signing up for an event, you certify that you have signed and delivered the Waiver. Regardless of the waiver mentioned above, by joining as a members of ePeaks meetup Group, or joining in an event, you assume responsibility for yourself and your guests. While novices are welcome, you should know your own limitation. Also, you agree to the "Meetup terms of service and conditions" . You can not be a minor to sgn up with us.
Four-two-five Six-three-eight three-nine-seven-nine