The meetup will appear full for manual control - add yourself to waiting list, and I'll pull you in depending on fit for mountain/team.
1. This is not a technical climb, but a physically demanding hike and scramble
Our typical hikes are around 8-10 miles round trip,[masked] feet elevation gain, and mixed terrain scramble to a peak.
2. What to Bring
Crampons - required Microspikes - required Snowshoes - required Ice Axe - required Gaiters - required Headlamps - required Gloves (incl.spare) - required Chest Harness - recommended - we can build it using a rope, but buy it for ease of use/safety. It is not expensive.
Winter mountaineering boots - required. This is a alpine scramble, and hence be ready for mixed terrain including snow travel.
Hydration and food - required 10 Essentials - required
It is winter time - make sure you are prepared to be outdoors for a long time, or, sometimes even overnight in an emergency.
For a full list of equipment: see http://www.firstemall.com/epeaks/
3. Time - keep full day free
4. Slow Hiking speed - I go at a very slow pace. If u are faster, u have to slow down or carry more weight. 5. Carry cash for carpool the group charge $0.50 per mile divided to each occupant.
6. Weather Permitting Destination may change at last minute due to weather or other situations.
7. No Shows and Last minute cancellations: avoid
Four-two-five Six-three-eight three-nine-seven-nine