Our neighbor, Chris Hoogewerff, of the Farmhouse coliving house on Dwight Way just agreed to hold 2 open houses! RSVP on EBCOHO to let us know you're interested, but email Chris and his folks to let them know you're coming.
Here are the details for the open house:
The Berkeley Farmhouse is looking for new housemates! We are a community of 17 people living in a big old-but-recently-renovated Victorian from 1886 (a registered Berkeley landmark), alongside 20 chickens who live in our front yard next to a garden of chard, kale, broccolini, arugula, mysterious weeds(?) and dirt divots from the paws of our goldendoodle who spends his days chasing grass and calling the shots around here.
We'll be having an open house this Thursday from 6:30-7:30pm and this Sunday from 10am-noon. If you're interested in, or curious about moving in with us, we encourage you to stop by and take a peek. Before we get to a more in-depth interview process, we want to make sure anyone interested in the idea of living with us (or in a community like this in general) has the chance to see the space, meet a few of us, and ask us anything you'd like.
If you're planning on attending either open house, please let us know so that we can expect you by emailing [masked].
A few details:
- The two rooms become available May 1st
- Rent is $900 and $1100 depending on the room ($500 security deposit + first/last months rent due before move-in. Utilities are $50/mo and there is a $170 food bill that goes towards a fully stocked kitchen/pantry)
- We're asking for a one-year (at least) commitment
- Strong preference will be given to those who are able to move in on May 1st.
- We'll be making decisions by March 28th to ensure anyone moving in has time to give 30-days notice at their existing residence.
- No pets, please (we're at full non-human capacity)
Couples are welcome; application and more details can be found at
Details at http://berkeleyfarmhouse.com/apply
Applications are due by March 14th at 6pm.