Location visible to members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubwgzxh8NFI turn in at Chevron gas station at Grandview Hwy (12 Ave
this trip is for members only (no guest)
We will gather at the parking lot and work out car pool logistics; extra vehicles will be parked at the side street. The team will drive to the trailhead (2.25 - 2.5 hrs) via Hwy 1.
• round trip distance: 13 km
• elevation gain: 890 m.
• high point: 2105 m.
• average grade: 13.7%
• net hiking time: 7 hrs (estimate)
• some scrambling required to approach the eye of the Needle
• footwear: hiking boots/shoes; gaiters; micro-spikes (if you already have them)
• clothing: shell jacket, additional layer; gloves
• food and water
• sun protection: sun glasses, sun block, lip balm, hat
• bug protection: bug spray, head net, after bite
• if you can drive and take hikers, please post a comment
• consult with individual drivers about car pool gas money
• this is a long day; do not make any other commitment after the hike