The Elixir Workshop is a local Dubai community for curious developers and those interested in functional programming and the Elixir ecosystem. All events have a practical hands-on nature and aim to get you to proactively think rather than just sit and listen.
No matter your current occupation, odds are the learning opportunities your day to day tasks offer will eventually plateau. The Elixir Workshop aims to give you different perspectives and help you keep improving through meeting and interacting with fellow developers.
Joining the community you will:
- meet colleagues outside your current circle;
- face different challenges and explore how to solve them;
"Elixir is a dynamic, functional language designed for building scalable and maintainable applications. Elixir leverages the Erlang VM, known for running low-latency, distributed and fault-tolerant systems, while also being successfully used in web development, embedded software, data ingestion, and multimedia processing domains."
HOW IT WORKS
1. bring your laptop and have Elixir installed;
2. group into teams of 2 or 3 (by level of experience);
3. pick the problems that your team wants to solve;
4. pair program your way to a solution so that all tests provided with the problem pass;
5. share your solutions and explore how the other teams' solutions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Elixir Workshop is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.