What we'll do
Join us for our inaugural Blockchain for Business meetup! We'll look at the fundamentals of Blockchain technology, including:
• An overview of the first blockchain - Bitcoin
• Sending, storing and signing transactions
• The problems that blockchain technology solves
• Consensus and decentralisation - why they are important in a blockchain
• What we’ve learned after almost 10 years of Bitcoin
• Where the technology is being used now
• Where the technology will be used in the future
We'll then open it up for Q&A.
The evening should provide a great starting point for anyone wishing to understand what blockchain is and how it may be relevant to them in a professional or business sense. If you're considering using the technology or just want to learn if it's something you need to be considering, this will give you a useful overview.
You'll also get the opportunity to network with other business leaders, developers and professionals who are looking to build with the technology. Ultimately, our aim is to build a vibrant enterprise blockchain community where we can collaborate, learn from and add value to everyone involved.
To be clear, this is not an investment group - we are focused solely on the technology and how it may be used in enterprise/business settings. If you're looking for speculation or 'investor' groups, there are plenty of those out there. Our focus is building.
More details including venue to come.
An initiative of BlockSense - https://block-sense.io