What we'll do
Ecstatic Dance is a conscious movement practice that invites people to drop out of their minds and into their bodies to unwind and open to inner wisdom. Dance, Music and Cacao Medicine are the centre point of these ceremonies catalyzing ecstatic states, where conscious mind limitations dissolve, opening the doors to the vast subconscious intelligence. It is an opportunity to connect deeply with self and others in fun ways words cannot express. A gracious experience to meet yourself as you are and open a space where you can see beyond who you think you are... It’s about you, freedom, joy and honesty.
For thousands of years, cacao has been celebrated as a food of the gods. Together we will drink a cacao elixir, giving ourselves the opportunity to enter into the stillness and wisdom of our being. This journey will offer a space to develop self-awareness, be moved by deep emotions, expand your intuitive awareness and align your actions with your intentions.
Wind down & Sound Healing - special guest Elena Lymbery.
What kind of music is played? And what do we do?
We play music that encourages movement. Our sonic journey is a fusion of world music, electronica, dubstep, tribal house, classic remixes and more! In this space, all are welcomed into radical self-expression and acceptance. Do yoga, stretch, dance like no one is watching, or just chill and enjoy the music.
- 6:15 pm - Doors open - arrival and grounding
- 6:30 pm - Opening circle & Cacao sharing - it’s a chance for you to get to know who is in the room, share a bit about yourself if you wish and set the intention for the ceremony.
- 7:00 pm – Music starts in a low beat to give you the chance to ground into your body. The rhythm progressively increases once the room starts to move. It may reach a high energy several times during the dance and slow down to conclude with a smooth landing back to stillness at the end.
- 8:45 pm - Music stops and we have a wind-down meditative moment using singing bowls and other acoustic instruments.
- 9:30 pm – Closing circle – we clap together three times and the fourth time back to the earth to close.
- 9:40 pm – Non-verbal time is over - have a chat with the people you shared the space with during the dance.
Arrive and leave whenever you want but be mindful not to disturb the other participants.
Ecstatic Dance Agreements
This is a Free-form Movement Temple
To maintain the ultimate freedom we agree to the following:
1. No talking on the Dancefloor.
- Please whisper off of the dancefloor only
2. No street shoes on the dancefloor. No showing up drunk or drugged, no pictures, video, or wearing of scent (please be clean).
3. Respect the Space - Others' Space and the Collective Space.
When Approaching others:
- Listen for a Yes (get eye contact first)
- Respect any No (like when they are ignoring you)
- Respect the Solo Dancers' Right to their Space
- Hands in prayer at heart means: "I see you, and thank you for the dance (that just ended)."
For Cacao Ceremony:
– It is often suggested to not eat for a few hours before consuming cacao for the ceremony.
– Drink a lot of water during the day prior to the ceremony.
For over 20 years Elena has been studying and practicing different natural healing modalities.
These include Kinesiology Certificate IV from Australian College of Natural Medicine, Reiki: Traditional Usui, Sekhem and Karuna; Pranic Healing, NLP, Australian Bush Flower & Light Frequency Essences, Shamanic studies, Tibetan Crystal Bowls, Sound & Crystal Healing, Chanting, Sacred Geometry and Light Language.
No dance experience required.
Free parking on site for up to 40 cars.
For multiple event discounts go to the event page:
Limited spots available, booking highly recommended.
Early Bird special $35 until 22 February.
We usually have between 50 - 70 participants most of them RSVP on Facebook: