What we're about
WE CHERISH THE HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON …
This meet up group is for the Highly Sensitive People of Brisbane who wish to be a part of a happy, vibrant, active and connected community. This is the HSP Tribe of Brisbane.
Have you ever wondered why you:
• notice or enjoy delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds
• get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time
• have a rich inner life and a creative and analytical mind
• make it a priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations
• are affected by or feel other people's moods
• don’t feel at ease in big, noisy gatherings
• feel very calm and renewed by nature
• naturally empathise with people, animals and the planet
• are aware of the subtleties in your environment and any changes
• feel very deeply, perhaps more than you believe may be ‘reasonable’
The answer may be that you are a highly sensitive person (HSP) and perhaps you are lucky enough to already know what this means. HSP is a trait found in 15-20 % of the population. The term HSP was coined by psychologist (and HSP) Dr. Elaine Aron in the 1990’s and there has been a lot of research and books written on the topic since then. But we still have much to learn and explore!
Take Elaine’s test to see whether you are HSP (http://hsperson.com/test/).
HSPs experience life through a magnifying glass or megaphone – the good and the bad. Our sense of smell, hearing, taste, vision and emotions seem stronger than for most people. Being highly sensitive is not a diagnosis of an illness, trauma or a disorder – it is an inborne personal trait. There are many positives to being highly sensitive. If you understand the many facets of the trait and nurture yourself, your life can be incredible. Healthy HSP’s are most often loving, understanding, intuitive, creative, independent, considerate and spiritual.
This group is focused on positivity and enjoying the richness of being highly sensitive and the importance of us connecting deeply with other HSPs. Please understand that this is a social group, NOT a therapy or mental health support group. The energy that an individual brings to the collective is absorbed by others, so please understand that the group harmony is protected above all else. We are unable to accommodate individuals who are seeking a high level of support, dwell in negativity and are unaware of their impact on others.
It is the goal of this group to connect like-minded HSPs, to support and inspire each other and not least to have fun, cherishing our gifts and enjoy life together. So, if you are a highly sensitive person - or think you are - you are welcome to join us.
# Please note # All new members to the group are asked to attend a 'meet up for new members' before joining other group activities. This is the introductory process to our harmonious community.
THINGS TO DO TOGETHER IN THIS GROUP
• coffee/brunch/dinner catch ups
• therapeutic and spiritual workshops
• discussion groups on personal development
• meditation and yoga
• walks in nature
• conservation and charity activities
We look forward to having your soulful company!