Needs a location
What we'll do
Please note that this is an unhosted meetup event.
Now in its 21st year, Walk to Work Day (http://www.walk.com.au), is an annual event which helps employers and employees build regular walking into their daily routine. This year, the event continues to support Diabetes Australia.
One of the objectives of Walk to Work Day is to to promote regular walking as a healthy activity and reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes
What you can do to support Walk to Work Day:
• If you use public transport, get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way to work.
• If you drive, leave the car a kilometre or two from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
• Take a half-hour walk at lunchtime.
• Where possible use the stairs rather than escalators or the lift.
• If you sit a lot at work, remember get up and walk around at least once every hour. Get up and talk to your colleagues instead of sending them emails.
• Instead of holding meetings sitting down, try to hold "walking meetings"
For more details visit the website: http://www.walk.com.au
See promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4OLZt79CA
Please 'RSVP' if you intend to walk to your workplace. Spread the word and happy walking!
Author of Marathon Training for Walkers and Beginners (https://amzn.to/2CxOjNq)
Follow our group's Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/marathonwalking/
Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/marathonwalking/