What we'll do
THIS EVENT WILL BE DEPENDANT ON REASONABLE WEATHER & CLEAR SKY CONDITIONS!
Beautiful Bushrangers Bay - Named after two escaped convicts, the bay comprises of a sandy beach surrounded by basalt cliffs. This serene location is contrasted by the dark and brooding headlands and wild waves that often crash onto jagged rocks guarding the entrance to the bay.
Follow the 2.6km Bushrangers Bay Track from the Cape Schanck car park to see some of the best coastal scenery near Melbourne. This section of the park was purchased from abutting farms in 1977. This coastal clifftop walk has excellent views over the sea and rocky bays as well as the spectacular Cape Schanck and its lighthouse.
Cape Schanck is at the most southern tip of the Mornington Peninsula at the meeting of Bass Strait and Western Port. It has been protected since the 1800's and was made a national park in 1988 and offers spectacular scenery.
MEETING AT 3.00PM
3.15 - 4.45pm - Walk to Bushrangers Bay - 25-30mins approx
5.15 - 9.30pm - Sunset at Cape Schanck (if not doing at Bushrangers Bay) & Astrophotography at Cape Schanck
SUNSET AT - 5.33PM
DON'T FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING FOR DINNER!
What to bring:
- Sturdy Tripod
- Shutter release cable (if have)
- Wide-angle or fisheye lens & fast lenses are best
- A Red Light Torch (red light is best for preserving your night vision in a dark location) & Normal Torch for walking in dark.
PLEASE CONSIDER OTHER ASTROPHOTOGRAPHERS & DON'T SHINE NORMAL TORCH WHILE THEY ARE TAKING ASTRO SHOTS!!!
• Charged batteries & extra batteries for the Torch and the Camera – remember the cold also reduces your battery performance, and long shutter times, also mean reduced number of shots per charge…
• Dew Prevention – Lens cloth to clean off dew, dew prevention – dew
straps & batteries, hand warmers etc, fixing mechanisms, as above!
• Personal Comfort – Warm clothes, extra layers, jacket and a thermos of
coffee, tea, hot chocolate or soup & snacks can make a cold night more bearable. Also don't forget something for dinner!
Look forward to seeing you there!
Disclaimer: The organizer of this group cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage, theft, injury or accidents to participants or their property on this activity.
Participants should take care, wear suitable clothing and footwear, and act appropriately in their surroundings. By joining this event you indicate acceptance of these terms.